Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI Magazine Basepads Replacement Pins Question-

Posvar

I have some TTI magazine base pads that are missing the little pin retainer in the front of the basepad. Their website shows replacement pins for 3mm, 4mm, 7mm lengths. In the pic below I have three different length basepads so am I safe to think that they are 3,4,7 as the website states? They are all on 170mm magazines for my open gun. Thanks in advance!

21 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Do all those mags fit the gauge? I would get the longest pin since if it is too long it won't hurt anything but if it is too short it will fall out. Thanks, Eric

Yes sir

On the Shooter's Connection site they have the length of the pins in the description (  https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Taran-Tactical-Basepad-Replacement-Pin-Kit-P4657.aspx ).  My TTI 4mm pads use the .375" pin which is option #3.  Maybe use your calipers and measure the existing ones and then guesstimate which one you need.  Hope this helps

Posvar, sorry but I misread your post.  From your pic of the 3 mags it seems you do not have ANY TTI push pins at all, only the TTI basepads in different sizes.  If this is correct then you don't have any thing to measure against in finding the correct length.  On my TTI 2011 basepads the pins protrude approximately .135" (if you push the pins flush to the basepad to the lock or unlock position).  Keep in mind the pins I have are not cut that precise from one to another so hopefully others can chime in.

The TTI website page for the Base Pad Pin Replacement Kit has a drop down menu where you can select STI/SV 3,4, and 7mm.  I would probably contact TTI directly if you already didn't do so and they could tell you what you have and what to order.  IMO their basepads are good but their customer service is not that great nor that responsive.  Another option would be to contact Shooter's Connection or Speed Shooter's Intl (both from my experience have outstanding customer service and are AD's for TTI) and see what they recommend.

Other have suggested buying long ones and cutting to size which is a great idea.  However I'm lazy and want to do little work LOL.  If you got the 1" long one listed on Shooter's Connection you could cut it in half and have 2 for 1 or end up with an extra as backup.  I have never purchased extra push pins so I cannot say if they other pins have the same diameter so they may or may not work.

Please let us know what you end up doing as that would be helpful for others that need or lose the pin.

I checked another TTI I had that had a pin and went ahead and ordered what I needed. For the SV big stick with thicker base pad I ordered a longer pin and will cut it down. Should be the only one I have to cut. Thanks again everyone!