Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are there any aftermarket basepads for the 13 round compact magazines?

himurax13

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket base pads for the small frame 13 round compact magazines, specifically for the polymer compact models? They are oddly shaped and extend out pretty far from the front end of the magazine tube.

Edited by himurax13

1 minute ago, johnbu said:

don't know.  have you contacted the companies that make them?  Taylor Freelance and Henning come to mind.  Both top notch makers.

I am familiar with their inventory, and they do not currently make them. 

3 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

Not even remotely. Those are for a 17 round CZ-75b magazine...

from the henning link

"Henning Tanfoglio 9mm 23+1 USPSA Magazine Extension with Follower Kit"

The link was for  tanfo mags.

1 minute ago, johnbu said:

from the henning link

"Henning Tanfoglio 9mm 23+1 USPSA Magazine Extension with Follower Kit"

The link was for  tanfo mags.

Dude, did you even read my first post?

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:23 AM, ATLDave said:

Do the compact magazines have a different bottom-end configuration than the full-size ones?  

Yes.

The compact magazines are small frame in size and the front end of the base pad sticks out a ways.

The 14 and 15 round CZ75 Compact mags stick out past the bottom of the frame.

Edited by himurax13

1 hour ago, himurax13 said:

The compact magazines are small frame in size and the front end of the base pad sticks out a ways.

The 14 and 15 round CZ75 Compact mags stick out past the bottom of the frame.

They're small frame?  Really?  I'm just suprised to hear that, since I thought they also sold the compacts in the long-action calibers (45 ACP, 10mm).  Oh well, who the hell knows what EAA is doing. 

Putting that aside, my question wasn't really about the basepad.  It's about the tube.  If you take the magazine apart, is the bottom of the tube different than the bottom of the tubes of the full-size mags?  

Just now, ATLDave said:

They're small frame?  Really?  I'm just suprised to hear that, since I thought they also sold the compacts in the long-action calibers (45 ACP, 10mm).  Oh well, who the hell knows what EAA is doing. 

Putting that aside, my question wasn't really about the basepad.  It's about the tube.  If you take the magazine apart, is the bottom of the tube different than the bottom of the tubes of the full-size mags?  

The compacts in 9mm and .40 S&W are typically in small frame format. 10mm and .45 ACP are in the large frame format. I believe at some point they wanted everything to be in large frame format for frame compatibility but a few years ago they slowed their production of extra slides and raised the prices close to that of a complete gun.

Yes. The small frame magazine tubes are basically the CZ75 magazines. The large frame Tanfoglio magazine bodies are longer from front to back to accommodate the longer cases of the 38 Super, 10mm, and .45 ACP. If you put the small frame and large frame mags together side by side, the difference is readily noticeable.