Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Homemade 2.0 Core

jpm2953

Couldn’t wait on a factory 2.0 Core so I sent my slide to DP Custom and had them mill my slide for a Vortex Venom. They did a really good job. Only $82 too! Caught it on sale. 

A0C064F9-6340-4C4B-870F-5A9D94BB0E17.jpeg

That looks good but the "problem" with DP Custom's work is their cut is specific to the optic you specify and no other optic model will fit.  I wouldn't want the make my gun limited to what I happen to own now.   Mounts like the EGW plates that fit into the rear sight dovetail aren't quite as low but are far more versatile.

11 minutes ago, SteelCityShooter said:

That looks good but the "problem" with DP Custom's work is their cut is specific to the optic you specify and no other optic model will fit.  I wouldn't want the make my gun limited to what I happen to own now.   Mounts like the EGW plates that fit into the rear sight dovetail aren't quite as low but are far more versatile.

Yeah I thought about that. I’m very happy with the vortex Venom and I couldn’t justify the added cost of the optic plate milling job on a pistol that cost $358 new. 

I had a dovetail mount on this gun before I decided to mill it. Didn’t care for the added height(about .250” higher than it is now)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...