Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What baseplates for 2011 limited ?

urmaker45

Which baseplates you guys run on a sti edge with stock mags ? I was thinking tti 140 mm 40 cal . I was told mbx baseplates would be loose on stock gen I mag.  I was going to do gram follower with tti baseplates unless you guys think there is better ?

when brazos made up 4 tuned mags to go along with the hp edge i bought from them, they used dawson snl baseplates.  i think grams springs/followers but not 100% sure.  gun has run 100.0000% with .40 major and just a few hiccups over the years when i've run it with .40 minor at some steel matches.

just fyi i bought some dawson snl basepads for some open gun mags and they were too long to fit the gauge.  not sure what if anything i could do to make them fit, haven't messed with them yet, back burner.  but actually i just bought my own gauge so will see what can be done.

I have had Dawson, Grams, TTI and some unknown base pads on STI and SVI mags in 40sw.  Of all of them I like the TTI the best.  Honestly, I couldn't tell any difference between Grams followers and springs in STI mags.  They both worked.  The was a decided difference in the SVI tubes.  They definitely preferred TTI guts.  I always run MBX mags, but I do use the others.  They all have TTI guts and pads now.