Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate with Holosun 510c!!

JDIllon

I finally got my Czechmate set up with a Holosun 510c. It will fit on the standard CZ CM mount. I used a Tevo Blast shield to help with the hole pattern for the 510c. Can't report on how it shoots yet, I havn't had time to get the range. But it feels like it is going to be a nice setup. Those of you that are interested in more details on how it's mounted can PM me. Note: it actually sits lower than the C-More.

P1010359.JPG.ca66fd3e922cd593b65cebfc6fbd0f51.JPGP1010360.JPG.be6d6ccc37f025895d4956ae3d524287.JPG

Edited by JDIllon

I have been to the range and love the sight!!! Here are the basics of what I did. 

Since I am on here, I will explain what I did to mount the 510c to the CM mount. There are 2 rectangular lugs on the bottom of the 510, NOTE: I called Holosun, and they said that those could be removed without harming the sight!!! But I decided to mill out the mount to accept the 2 lugs. I ordered the blast shield from TEVO and the pattern that is already stamped in the blast shield helped lay out the holes and the places that had to be milled for the lugs. Because the under side of the mount is irregular, I counter sank the holes on the underside to accept the screw heads. One thing nice, is that Tevo includes longer screws for the the blast shield. I did it all on a drill press, it would be much easier and cleaner if you have access to a mill. You just have to take your time with the drill holes to make sure they are dead on.  JD  Note: you are welcome to PM me with any questions.  

2 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Tevo will be releasing a 510C mount for the Czechmate/TSO this year. I was told late summer at the earliest. So, sometime in fall is a reasonable expectation.

OK! I'm sure it will be great mount. I'm shooting mine now! What ever works for you. JD

NOTE: I was at the range yesterday and it is really nice! easy dot pick up with the large window.  

This is great! Thanks JDillon for sharing this infos.  I've been thinking of doing the same with my cmore mount but, I'm too noob if it comes to this things and I don't have the tools. I wonder how hard is it to remove the rectangular lug?  I think it will be easier that way. 

Edited by Joeyxbat
Add more content

1 hour ago, Joeyxbat said:

This is great! Thanks JDillon for sharing this infos.  I've been thinking of doing the same with my cmore mount but, I'm too noob if it comes to this things and I don't have the tools. I wonder how hard is it to remove the rectangular lug?  I think it will be easier that way. 

Removing the lugs is not a big deal. You can file them off or take them off with a belt sander ,  , which would be the easiest way. JD

• 3 months later...
On 6/10/2019 at 3:16 PM, JDIllon said:

I finally got my Czechmate set up with a Holosun 510c. It will fit on the standard CZ CM mount. I used a Tevo Blast shield to help with the hole pattern for the 510c. Can't report on how it shoots yet, I havn't had time to get the range. But it feels like it is going to be a nice setup. Those of you that are interested in more details on how it's mounted can PM me. Note: it actually sits lower than the C-More.

P1010359.JPG.ca66fd3e922cd593b65cebfc6fbd0f51.JPGP1010360.JPG.be6d6ccc37f025895d4956ae3d524287.JPG

How about some brighter pics so we can see what it looks like. HeHe

• 1 month later...

Anyone know when Tevosport is supposed to come out with their Czechmate mount? I reached out to then but never got a response. 

Hoping it’s soon and that they drill/tap it for the adjustable angle thumb rest that comes with the Czechmates now. 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:05 PM, regor said:

Anyone know when Tevosport is supposed to come out with their Czechmate mount? I reached out to then but never got a response. 

Hoping it’s soon and that they drill/tap it for the adjustable angle thumb rest that comes with the Czechmates now. 

Last time i heard from them was Oct 15th, they've had problem with brass hitting the mount after running 5k on it. 

As far as the thumb rest, they never mentioned anything about it. 

58 minutes ago, Joeyxbat said:

Last time i heard from them was Oct 15th, they've had problem with brass hitting the mount after running 5k on it. 

Interesting. have you had any similar issues with your solution? I wonder if they tried to mount it substantially lower than the OEM Czechmate mount. 

51 minutes ago, regor said:

Interesting. have you had any similar issues with your solution? I wonder if they tried to mount it substantially lower than the OEM Czechmate mount. 

So far, i haven't have any problem with brass hitting the mount or the housing.  But,  its too early to say since Ive only run about 2k on it. 

22 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

I did hear back from them and it sounds like they are putting development for the CM on hold. They told me the OEM mount can be modified to make it work... and sent me photos of your setup for reference hahaha. 

What tools did you need to make the modifications? I'm guessing a mill unless you sand off the lugs in which case probably just a drill press

Do you have to drill it in a place that interferes with the original CMore screw holes or can you leave them so you can switch back?

I wish CZ would just go to the 5 hole pattern so it would be compatible with 2011 mounts and thumb rests.  

I did mine with end mill bit in a drill press! But it would be much better and more precise if done with a mill. I just takes some time to get everything measured up. I have shot 1500 plus rounds and all is good. Love the 510 and the big window.  JD

3 minutes ago, JDIllon said:

I did mine with end mill bit in a drill press! But it would be much better and more precise if done with a mill. I just takes some time to get everything measured up. I have shot 1500 plus rounds and all is good. Love the 510 and the big window.  JD

Does the hole pattern interfere with the two CMore screw placements> 

2 minutes ago, regor said:

Does the hole pattern interfere with the two CMore screw placements> 

No not at all. If I can be of help just PM me and I will get you my contact info.  JD

You can reinstall the C-More with no problem.

Edited by JDIllon