Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommended Posts

Anyone have a good solution to do case prep? I'm thinking a 650 with a casefeeder and a universal recapping die so that I can deprive everything before wet tumbling with ss  pins  I'm currently using a single stage for this but it takes about 10 times longer than loading on my 1050

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. A 650 with a mark 7 auto drive. Mighty armory decap, swage-it in place of priming, a couple sizing dies just because. I run my 9mm through the above setup after wet tumbling and rollsizing. After processing on the 650 i wet tumble again to clean primer pockets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

Anyone have a good solution to do case prep? I'm thinking a 650 with a casefeeder and a universal recapping die so that I can deprive everything before wet tumbling with ss  pins  I'm currently using a single stage for this but it takes about 10 times longer than loading on my 1050

 

Why not get a separate tool head? I swap between two tool heads to process, then load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Here’s my old set up with the Dillon  650 now I have it set up with a Dillon  1050

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tmz said:

 Here’s my old set up with the Dillon  650 now I have it set up with a Dillon  1050

 

You sir have inspired me  this is the full potential of what I was looking for  I would set it up manual for now, but it is good to know it can be done.  Why did you move to a 1050?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RocketRyan said:

Why not get a separate tool head? I swap between two tool heads to process, then load.

How easy is it to swap tool heads? Depriving is a dirty process and I would like to keep my 1050 shiny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Smithcity said:

Yes. A 650 with a mark 7 auto drive. Mighty armory decap, swage-it in place of priming, a couple sizing dies just because. I run my 9mm through the above setup after wet tumbling and rollsizing. After processing on the 650 i wet tumble again to clean primer pockets.

How did you set up swaging instead of priming?  Is the first wet tumble necessary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I went with the 1050 just because that’s what I load on so I would have two of the same machines  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

How easy is it to swap tool heads? Depriving is a dirty process and I would like to keep my 1050 shiny

5 minutes or less. I use to do one pass loading so I would clean it often anyway. Now with an ammobot I process with all the sensors so that I can load trouble free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have 3 tool head for my 1050, one to load 9mm, one to load 45ACP, and one to process.  Swapping is easy and quick, but it still takes a little fine tuning to get the loading back to where it was.

 

I also do a detail strip down and clean of the press after processing, and before loading, and vice versa.  Helps to keep it running smooth.

 

Here is my AB driven 1050 processing 9mm at 2600 CPH.  I have gone over 2800 with my Rev2 Ammo Bot.  Also strongly recommend The Judge die when processing, it catches all sorts of ugliness.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GregJ said:

I have 3 tool head for my 1050, one to load 9mm, one to load 45ACP, and one to process.  Swapping is easy and quick, but it still takes a little fine tuning to get the loading back to where it was.

 

I also do a detail strip down and clean of the press after processing, and before loading, and vice versa.  Helps to keep it running smooth.

 

Here is my AB driven 1050 processing 9mm at 2600 CPH.  I have gone over 2800 with my Rev2 Ammo Bot.  Also strongly recommend The Judge die when processing, it catches all sorts of ugliness.  

 

 

 

I'm not familiar with the judge die.  Do you have a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

How did you set up swaging instead of priming?  Is the first wet tumble necessary

By installing the Swage it 650: 

No, wet tumbling is not necessary just as pre-processing your brass is not necessary. wet tumbling with steel pins gives you cleaner brass.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Smithcity said:

By installing the Swage it 650: 

No, wet tumbling is not necessary just as pre-processing your brass is not necessary. wet tumbling with steel pins gives you cleaner brass.

 

 I wet tumble with pins after the fact, just don’t before preprocessing. I might have give it a try preprocess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jeremyc_1999 said:

 I wet tumble with pins after the fact, just don’t before preprocessing. I might have give it a try preprocess

After I sort I clean everything because I don't like dirt all over my roll sizer, roll sizer case feeder, 650, and 650 case feeder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Smithcity said:

After I sort I clean everything because I don't like dirt all over my roll sizer, roll sizer case feeder, 650, and 650 case feeder.

What are you using for a roll sizer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...