Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gun size

chetc

if i am reading the rules correctly for USPSA competition, my canik TP9SFX won't fit in the regulation size frame, it will without the mag but it's about 1/8 to long from bottom of grip to the top of the rear sight.

chet

19 minutes ago, chetc said:

if i am reading the rules correctly for USPSA competition, my canik TP9SFX won't fit in the regulation size frame, it will without the mag but it's about 1/8 to long from bottom of grip to the top of the rear sight.

chet

Assuming that you’re talking about Production division, the best way to check is to find someone with the regulation box and actually try it. 

If that isn’t an option, I would try drawing out the dimensions of the box on a piece of paper and seeing if the gun fits.

The TP9SFX is on the USPSA Production list, so I would expect it to fit, but it’s certainly worth checking before you head to a major match and inadvertently find yourself shooting Open. 

4 minutes ago, DKorn said:

Assuming that you’re talking about Production division, the best way to check is to find someone with the regulation box and actually try it. 

If that isn’t an option, I would try drawing out the dimensions of the box on a piece of paper and seeing if the gun fits.

The TP9SFX is on the USPSA Production list, so I would expect it to fit, but it’s certainly worth checking before you head to a major match and inadvertently find yourself shooting Open. 

hi DK

i did make a size on paper, don't fit, only way it will fit, if i get different mag bases, if they are available, the mags that come with the gun have plus 2 bases.

chet

Edited by chetc

8 minutes ago, chetc said:

hi DK

i did make a size on paper, don't fit, only way it will fit, if i get different mag bases, if they are available, the mags that come with the gun have plus 2 bases.

chet

From what I’m seeing elsewhere on the forum, the magazines that come with the gun are, as you’ve said, slightly too big to fit the box for Production. 

You'll have to either swap basepads or buy mags that don’t have them. 

I have this same issue with my CZ SP-01 Tactical suppressor ready model. It is on the production list but because of the higher suppressor height sights it does not fit the box with the OEM 18 round magazines. It fits with 17 rounders.