Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best compact range bags?

sstephns

Looking at a Vertx COF Light, but would like to hear some opinions on compact and durable range bags. Anyone got any advice? Tired of my big midway bag for weekend matches. Don't want to go the DAA backpack route.

Shooters connection bags are really nice. They make them in an assortment of sizes. 

I went with the big bag, as it has a removable inner bag. With this setup, I can put -ALL- of my range stuff in the big bag and keep everything in one place. For matches, I can take the inner out, load it with just the essentials (mags, ammo, towel, water, etc.) and cruise light. 

I have the Yukon Tactical Weekend Range bag. I’ll first say that I did not buy it. I won it at a match a while back. However it has worked out very well for all my needs. It’s not too big that it’s pain to carry, but it’s plenty big enough to get anything and everything in it that you want/need. The extra 2 front and 2 top pockets are very handy and actually have some useable size. 

Well the bag came in. It's very well built and very nice.

For an open shooter, it's a hell of a tight fit. 170mm mags do not play well with the mag pouch, but they work. Ammo tray in the bottom holds 4 - 9mm 100 round ammo boxes perfectly. Top tray holds my glasses case, mag brush, wooden hammer handle for smacking gun parts loose, and a few snack bars. Zippered pockets in the front inside flap hold my earplugs and glasses cloth. Side pockets hold assortments of tools and parts (had to get away from my box of tools and put stuff in ziplock bags. Zipper pocket in top flap holds sweat towel and microfiber cloth with room for wallet, keys, and phone. 

It's a tight fit, and would probably be a little better for someone not shooting open. Also no room to drop a water bottle or anything like that. May have to try something a hair bigger...

20190612_192731[1].jpg

Edited by sstephns