Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Fasthenk65

Carbon handgaard for JP GMR-15

hello,

2 questions

1) what is the best length for a JP in 16'

2) Isler? Smoke? Which is considered as the best?

Thanks in advance!!

Smoke composite depending on your comp 13.5” hg if you have a mbx comp 13”hg. Tell him you shoot competition for 20% off 

Edited by Bwillis

Best length is whatever your prefer.

i have a brigand arms and love it 

Coda has the best barrel nut/mount design compared to Isler or Smoke, but other than that it's preference. I also prefer octagonal handguards, so it made the choice pretty easy for me.

I do think the Coda might be slightly heavier though.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Probably not a many people have tried them all. I have two Smoke's and love them and would buy another from them in a heartbeat. As for length, we are using the 12", I grab right out to the end but never wish for longer.

Hello: There are less expensive carbon options out there like the Taccom and KAW Valley. Both are smaller diameter which I like and anything shorter than 15" should work just fine with a 16" barrel. I just built an upper using a Kaw Valley carbon handguard but have a Taccom on my 15/22. Thanks, Eric

Taccom is probably the best bang for buck out there. 

I use them on my PCC and my .22 steel challenge rifle. No complaints whatsoever. 

Hello: Weight of the handguard is super light maybe 8 ozs with the nut. I never actually weight it. I just know it is super light, just the way I like it. Now to work on the lower next. Thanks, Eric

My vote is for the Smoke Composites, it’s a small diameter handguard for PCCs, and the slots in the handguard add grip when your hands get sweaty.  With the discount they are only about $140.

This is a 12” in the pic.

464D3746-C635-45A8-9D36-CA264FAC1723.jpeg

Edited by CharlieD

Coming from someone who could tear up a steel ball, how durable are the carbon fiber handguards. I'm looking at the Smoke because it's price seems more reasonable and I like that you can get a top rail on it. But I wonder how it will hold up to competition and just wear over time.