Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbon handgaard for JP GMR-15

Coda has the best barrel nut/mount design compared to Isler or Smoke, but other than that it's preference. I also prefer octagonal handguards, so it made the choice pretty easy for me.

I do think the Coda might be slightly heavier though.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Probably not a many people have tried them all. I have two Smoke's and love them and would buy another from them in a heartbeat. As for length, we are using the 12", I grab right out to the end but never wish for longer.

Hello: There are less expensive carbon options out there like the Taccom and KAW Valley. Both are smaller diameter which I like and anything shorter than 15" should work just fine with a 16" barrel. I just built an upper using a Kaw Valley carbon handguard but have a Taccom on my 15/22. Thanks, Eric

My vote is for the Smoke Composites, it’s a small diameter handguard for PCCs, and the slots in the handguard add grip when your hands get sweaty.  With the discount they are only about $140.

This is a 12” in the pic.

464D3746-C635-45A8-9D36-CA264FAC1723.jpeg

Edited by CharlieD
  • 3 weeks later...

Coming from someone who could tear up a steel ball, how durable are the carbon fiber handguards. I'm looking at the Smoke because it's price seems more reasonable and I like that you can get a top rail on it. But I wonder how it will hold up to competition and just wear over time.