Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Start with slide open USPSA?

BigAm

16 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

, all ammunition to be used loose (not in magazine or speed loading device) in bucket of honey.   

Pretty sure there is a rule against this

Edited by RJH

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

Pretty sure it's the "Don't be a D*&@ " but that's more of a life rule than a USPSA specific rule

( Humor ) 

1 hour ago, PatJones said:
3 hours ago, RJH said:

Pretty sure there is a rule against this

I couldn't find one.

Found it, 8.1.4

I knew there was a rule against it

Edited by RJH

1 minute ago, Southpaw said:

Mike also might want to read through section 1.1 with the whole mud and honey example. Specifically 1.1.2 and 1.1.8 😉

Beat me to it. Haha

8 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Mike also might want to read through section 1.1 with the whole mud and honey example. Specifically 1.1.2 and 1.1.8 😉

Yep missed the can't make the ammo be out of the mag part, but the vague guidelines in 1.1 are just that. The point was that there is a Huge amount of discretion given to the stage designer to put whatever they want in the WSB, its a lot of power and luckily it tends to be used wisely. 

On 6/9/2019 at 10:05 PM, BigAm said:

OH the best part is when the guy in our group with a CRO cert made them all stop and yelled at them for a bit about all the s#!t they were doing...I was cringing so hard I missed the part where he was talking about start positions...I also remembered they were all marines as well. What a f*#kin day that was!

And yet he didnt move himself into that squad and put one of them in your squad ?
This was as much an MD/RM, failure as it was theirs. Who was ROing them ? Why was an entire squad of new shooters together ?
Rather than rag on this squad, maybe rag on the parties responsible for allowing it.

13 hours ago, WaJim said:

This...

How many D's or U's are RO?

I was a D class RO for a while. Now I am barely a C class shooter and still an RO 🙄

Knowing the rules does not dictate how good of a shooter you are. 

12 minutes ago, WaJim said:

Well then you jumped in with both feet...good on you.

Right on!

Usually, and I say "Usually" a shooter gets to a certain level before he wants to help.

I waited a year before getting certified. I really only did it to fully understand the rules so I could game it better 🙂

On 8/1/2019 at 4:25 PM, George Jones said:

And there's always 2.3.3.3   ☠️

Hi George.   There was another test question under course modification that was fairly vague.  I don't recall that the question specified if the modification was before/after competitors had shot the cof.  In those cases, I defer to the more generic answer/rule.  I believe I used 2.3.1, and was dinged for it.  (I think it is applicable to the question, due to "should")

Just an FYI.