Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is penalty for 8.3.1.1

broadside72

8.3.1.1 state shooter must not move from start location after make ready command. Moving is defined as more than one step.

So if a shooter does move more than one step, what's the impact? It's a "must" rule so you'd think there should be something to penalize. General procedural? False start, creeping, what?

8.3.1.1 state shooter must not move from start location after make ready command. Moving is defined as more than one step.

So if a shooter does move more than one step, what's the impact? It's a "must" rule so you'd think there should be something to penalize. General procedural? False start, creeping, what?

At Nats we got warned the first time. next time was a general procedural which none of us got

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

There is no penalty specified because it's the RO's responsibility to control the stage.  If the shooter does not receive permission (after asking would make sense), the command is "STOP".  As long as the shooter complies, no penalty.  If the shooter ignores the STOP command than the potential goes to 10.6.1.

A warning not to do that again is simply a courtesy.  A procedural is NOT in the rules.

Do you mean that after shooter is at start position and make ready command is given, THEN the shooter moves somewhere else.  Why would he???
Yes. Many shooters take sight pictures or draw and step once toward their first target.

Taking steps downrange to verify if the range is clear, remember where that one target is at, get a bit of a walk through in, etc are reasons that they could want to step away from the start position more than one step

8 minutes ago, broadside72 said:

Taking steps downrange to verify if the range is clear, remember where that one target is at, get a bit of a walk through in, etc are reasons that they could want to step away from the start position more than one step

None of which are legit.

9 minutes ago, broadside72 said:
16 minutes ago, Sarge said:
None of which are legit.

Correct, but I'm trying to figure out what to do after they do it

I just chew their ass and humiliate the hell out of them in front of their squad and tell them to get their sorry ass back to the start location before I DQ them for being a POS!

That's what everybody here thinks I would do anyway. LOL  Actually, I just say back to the start location. No need for more unless they ignore you. Then just clear them out and either explain the rule to them or turn them over to the RM or MD locally.

15 minutes ago, broadside72 said:
22 minutes ago, Sarge said:
None of which are legit.

Correct, but I'm trying to figure out what to do after they do it

When someone starts to go further than 1 step from the start location without my permission and I’m the RO? I would stop them and remind them that they are only allowed 1 step from the start location. If it they continue to do it despite being told not to, the RM and the shooter are going to have a chat, and I’m going to be closely eyeing rule 10.6.1.

22 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I just chew their ass and humiliate the hell out of them in front of their squad and tell them to get their sorry ass back to the start location before I DQ them for being a POS!

LOL,,
Now CHOKE yourself !
Not with ur hands numbnuts,, MY hand !