Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP or SIG

JP or SIG  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which PCC to buy?

• JP GMR-15
    • SIG MPX Gen 3

LOL.  Can of worms on here.  Personally, I would buy neither.  I would build my own AR9, but if you don't want to do that I would say a JP.   Many argue that a Sig is softer shooting, but you have many more tuning options with an AR 9.  Particularly with JP's bolt and buffer system.

JP. 

Just recently went through the same decision.  After seeing all the MPX problem threads and iffy Sig support/factory parts availability, I went with the JP.  No regrets.  After tuning the buffer, its soft and extremely flat.

I'm sure you'd love the MPX too, if you get a good one. 

I just went through that decision too and I went with JP. Just got my shipping notice today. My trigger finger is twitching already.

Shadow--what did you do to tune the buffer?  I ordered mine with the 5 steel weights, short stroke set-up.

I bought my first JP before the Gen3 MPX was out with any feedback. After locals struggled with Gen 1/2, I thought it safer. I then bought a 2nd and made sense to stick with JP. So far the Gen3 MPX sounds reliable and if thats the case I'd say its just personal preference. Only two data points I can provide is both my JPs have been 100% reliable and I recommend them to anyone that asks.

Hello: Build your own AR9 using good parts and a QC10 lower. I have had 3 Sig MPX's and they do shoot softer but I don't think they are any faster for me. I can almost build 2 AR9's to the cost of a JP or Sig MPX. Glock magazines are cheap with lots of options. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Shadow said:

egd5-

short stroke, 5 steel, green AR15 spring.  124 MG JHP, 3.7 titegroup.  small rifle Winchester primer, 1.120, 135.6 pf.

14.5 barrel/pinned titanium comp

OK, thanks. I'm hoping I won't need to do anything to mine, but....

I’m extremely happy with my Gen 3 MPX. Only have 1500 rds through it but it has been very reliable. I tested about 20 different loads in it all the way from 95gr 100PF to 147gr 150PF and it cycled and locked back with them all. I do keep it very clean including the gas block. I also like that it’s fairly light right out of the box.

From just observing as an RO in several matches, it seems I have not seen JPs with reliability issues. That said, I am biased.  I own several JPs and have experienced squat in terms of reliability.  

I know people are happy with their Sigs but I’ll spend the extra dough for a JP. 

I have two friends who ran JP's and they were almost boring to watch as far as reliability. They never faltered. That was the primary reason I went with one. It does seem like the Sigs are pretty ironed out now though. Lots of guys swear by them. 

My JP is stock except for the buffer and shoots great. Only complaint is it's a bit heavy on the front end. Still considering putting it on a diet.