Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

K9 mag issues

DKnoch

I have a LF Stock 2 and several times recently I’ve had the trigger stick back while dryfiring. I had Springer basepads on it, though maybe it was an over insertion issue possibly. Just put on Shockbottle basepads and did the same thing in a short time. My other Mecgar mags with Patriot Defense basepads haven’t done this. All of the mags that do this are K9 mags, so I’m thinking that could be the issue? I can’t recall this ever happening in live fire or at a match. Any insight is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may narrowed it down to 1 K9 mag. It looks same as others, but maybe there a slight imperfection I cannot see. But that one mag keeps causing trigger to get stuck to rear with a SP, SB, or a PD basepad 5aec677191fad4af9460b1b2a76c6515.jpg

Basepads do not seem to affect, Ive swapped about 5 different ones. Spring or follower may be culprit, but when I switched mag guts into other mag it worked fine at least for a short bit of dry fire. Will try more tomorrow

For me personally, every issue I have had with mags has been with the K9's.  I had a lot of issues with K9's with the extended Henning basepads. Even if it wasnt rounds getting stuck under the follower I would get some FTF's.

When I was shooting limited I ran Henning basepads with mecgar tubes and never had issues. 

Shooting CO, I have yet to have any issues with Henning basepads and mecgar tubes.  The K9's that came with the Lim Pro still have factory basepads on them and I only use them when shooting from a rest.  They mostly sit in my range bag just in case something bad ever does happen.

Edited by billthemarine2862

When it happens, does the mag drop free when you hit mag release? The last this happened to me, the follower, instead of pushing up on the slide stop, it skipped off to the right. Therefore it pushed on the side of the slide stop and the mag was pushed to the right side, putting a lot of pressure on right side of trigger bar. Take slide off, put in slide stop. See if you can mimic problem and look inside and see what's happening. 

I have the same problem on many of may K9 mags.  it only happens on an empty mag, if there is a dummy or live round in the magazine it's fine.  Also, my mags won't drop free when it does this.  I'm following this closely as this has been bugging me for some time, I hope we find a solution, I have to buy like 6 mags to get 4 good ones I trust. 

23 hours ago, Polymer said:

When it happens, does the mag drop free when you hit mag release? The last this happened to me, the follower, instead of pushing up on the slide stop, it skipped off to the right. Therefore it pushed on the side of the slide stop and the mag was pushed to the right side, putting a lot of pressure on right side of trigger bar. Take slide off, put in slide stop. See if you can mimic problem and look inside and see what's happening. 

I get this exact problem. At least half of my K9 mags will have the follower slip to the side of the mag catch when empty and hang up the trigger.