Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st Open Gun

ezra650

Here it is. It's an old tripp research frame from 1992. Marked GUNRACER238 where the SN would go. Actual SN is under the slide stop.

Top end is a new 9mm setup fitted by a smith in North Carolina. STI slide ( weighs in at 11oz) with racker and KKM barrel with EGW cone comp.

If it runs and I stick with open 2011s I will have it ceracoated. Right now it wears flat black engine enamel externally to keep away rust  O_o

Mainly using it to dip my toes into open for uspsa and to get started in open for steel challenge. A single stack open gun may be in my future for that game.

It aint much, but it's mine. Wish me luck. This is my 2nd 2011 and I believe I have all the kinks worked out on it. 

20190426_073902_1559835272899_resized.jpg

20190426_073855_1559835274354_resized.jpg

2 hours ago, EEH said:

Am I missing something or you have to take the thumb rest off for cleaning?

That is correct. Unfortunately there was not a position that was comfortable for my thumb and also allowed take down. The optic mount got red loctite and the thumbrest got blue. I want to try an akai rest in person. It might work for me and allow normal takedown.

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Looks like it will get you all the way to at least M card.    :) 

If I don't make A right away I'll be a little sad. I was on the cusp of A class in limited 2yrs ago and life took over and I haven't competed in USPSA seriously since. 

All thats left now is a little mag tuning and load development.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:39 PM, ezra650 said:

If I don't make A right away I'll be a little sad. I was on the cusp of A class in limited 2yrs ago and life took over and I haven't competed in USPSA seriously since. 

All thats left now is a little mag tuning and load development.

Go for it! The high hit factors were re-calculated across the divisions a couple months ago, so up-classing is more difficult.