Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
gerritm

STI Trojan .45 Extended Mag Release

My son is getting into SS and is shooting an STI Trojan. Gun runs great, but he has a short thumb to reach the mag release. Tried a Wilson Combat 1911 extended mag release and really liked the design but does not fit. Any ideas what will work. 

He has a tapped/threaded button type now, but doesn't like it.

gerritm

I am a lefty and shoot a Kimber in .45 when I shoot SS and L10. I tried reversing the safety, but found I was faster leaving the safety set up as a right handed pistol and using my middle finger on my left hand to eject the mags. I know it sounds weird but try a left hand safety and see if he can hit the release with the shooting right hand index or middle finger.

Actually got it figured out with the Wilson Combat. Reused the old body and just transferred the extended button. Going to shoot it this weekend.

Thanks, gerritm

trojan.jpg

trojan.jpeg

If you have issues with the Wilson you can try and find the sti extended one. It worked well on my Trojan 40 and I’ve used it on almost everything since then. 

Next SS match is in July & he is going to try the Wilson. Has been dry firing with it and so far likes it, but you know it is all different under the clock. He liked the Dawson one also.

gerritm