Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
wrx04

What pistol do you carry for self defense (vs the one you compete with)?

Posted (edited)

Most of my competition experience has been in GSSF; one of the pistols I use for GSSF Unlimited class is also my carry gun, a G19 with a slide mounted RMR and some other improvements. 

Edited by Yondering

I shoot CO with a P320 X5 w/Gray Guns competition kit, I EDC with a P320 X-Carry with RMR and the same trigger kit. I had the slide re-milled for the RMR so it doesn't sit up real high and presents just about the same as my X5.

I compete with a 625. I carry a 1911. My bedside is a K frame. My home response might be a 590 or an AKM. Not a problem.

I shoot Revolver, Production, CO, Limited and SS at different times.  I carry a S&W M&P 45 2.0, stock with only LPA sights.

Or a S&W 325TR, G19 and rarely a 442.

I will shoot it at the random IDPA match, but most of my shooting is USPSA.

Currently competing in Single Stack Division with a Custom Springfield Gov't Model 9MM in blue. I carry a Ruger Commander in 9MM that is pretty much stock except for VZ Grips. I compete with Federal American Eagle and carry 147gr. Gold Dots.

Putting together for carry a compensated 45 XD mod 2 compact with Pearce grip extensions tuned and loaded with heavy hardcast coated wide flat nose bullets to 45 super specs.

Competition - Open class 2011

Carry - Full size 1911, 1911 w/ Officers frame and commander slide, Kahr PM9, Keltec P32 - Choice comes down to what I can effectively conceal.  Full size 1911 in winter, P32 in the heat of summer

For competition I shoot a custom built 2011 for Limited and a Canik TP9Sfx for Carry Optics. I carry a performance center Shield in 9mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Built 2011 for Open, and a raced up SP01 Tactical fro Carry Optics. 

Carry a G19 or G43 depending on attire and what the day has in store. 

I used to carry a Glock 43 until I started competing with a CZ SP-01 Shadow.  I liked the CZ so much that I sold the G43 and picked up a CZ 75 Compact.  Very easy to conceal appendix and SO much more shootable than the G43!

I’ll throw my stuff into the mix.

I’m currently shooting an Atlas Chaos with a HS510C on it (super heavy), but my carry gun is the Sig P365.

I like the 365 because it sits super close to my body in appendix position, plus it’s hard to beat 12+1 capacity in such a small package. The nice thing is I can also throw an extra mag in my pocket real easily and pretty much forget about it since they’re so small. It’s a snappy little gun, but I figure I can probably hit any threat that’s within 5-7 yards of me fairly accurately and with 13 shots before having to either reload or use it as a blunt weapon. Any further than that, and I’d say it’s hard to justify “feared for my life” anyway. Still, I’d say my shooting skills have transferred very well to shooting that little guy even if I’m used to all-steel guns.

Posted (edited)

I compete with a glock 34 in uspsa or a glock 

19 for idpa and carry a glock 19 or a glock 42 when I need something more concealable.

Edited by Chrisyoung
Typo

I hear a lot of people say that they want to shoot a gun in competition similar to what they carry but I think that if you shoot enough, it shouldn’t matter. I shoot a 2011 in uspsa and draw from a dropped/offset strong side holster and I carry a Glock 19 in an appendix holster. Hope I never have to find out but doubt it’ll be the reason I get killed in da streets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry an M&P9 2.0 compact and shoot an M&P9 Pro for competition.