Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Occasional Hammer Follow on TS

aandabooks

I'm having an issue with my TS.  I'm getting occasional hammer follow where instead of the hammer staying all the way down during cycling the hammer goes to kind of a half cock position.  Then when I pull the trigger the hammer falls the rest of the way but not with enough energy to set off the primer.  If I then rack the gun the live round extracts and the hammer will stay all the way back and allow the gun to fire again.  

Before I tear the gun all the way down, what part am I looking for that might be broken?  I'm thinking the likely culprit is going to be a sear spring.

Is your over travel set too fine?  Test it using this: https://czcustom.com/knowledge-base/how-to-install-a/cz-trigger-over-travel-screw-test.html

If you find your over travel was set too fine, I would suggest changing the sear and hammer at a minimum. When I experienced this, I tried changing just my sear but my hammer was also too far gone to salvage.  I personally would suggest changing the sear, sear spring, hammer and hammer spring.  You will have everything tore apart and this would be a good opportunity to change them out.  

If your over travel is fine, I would suspect a worn/weak sear spring allowing your sear to bounce.  Luckily your gun is catching half cock not allowing it to fire.

^^ OP is asking about a Tac Sport, its has a different trigger bar set up than a 75.

OP How many rounds through your TS? What hammer do you have installed?

21 hours ago, Tok36 said:

^^ OP is asking about a Tac Sport, its has a different trigger bar set up than a 75.

OP How many rounds through your TS? What hammer do you have installed?

I'm not sure on the rounds.  This is one of my TSs that I bought used.  The hammer is a competition hammer.  The other TS still has a stock hammer in it.  Not sure which hammer but it is showing quite a bit of wear to the hooks.  I took the gun all the way apart the other night and am waiting on parts.  

I should mention that this is a TS that has been converted to an open gun with a SA slide.  It is running 9mm at around 1500fps so I'm sure that the wear factor will be a little faster than normal.

You stated that it has a comp hammer installed and the hammer hooks are showing quite a bit of wear. I will bet that you have found your issue right there.

I am interested to hear what parts you change out and what effect it has on your issue, we all learn from this stuff.

Edited by Tok36