Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
WxGuy

CZ SP-01 Shadow Target 2

All,

Is the Target 2 legal (fits the box) in IDPA/SSP?  I see it has long base pads.  I searched and found nothing on other forums.

Thanks

I answered my own question today.  The Target 2 is IDPA legal as it fits the box with the stock basepad, a 18 round mag with CZC IDPA basepad, and a 17 round MecGar with a CZC colored basepad.  I found one on a military installation's BX gun counter.  Good to go!

good deal. enjoy the pistol!

This gun is some what confusing to me. It is not an Accu-Shadow (they cost a little more), and it is not a Shadow that has been that has been CZC tuned (those are a little less). What is it?? What sets it apart form the other variants out there?

12 minutes ago, Andy9 said:

This gun is some what confusing to me. It is not an Accu-Shadow (they cost a little more), and it is not a Shadow that has been that has been CZC tuned (those are a little less). What is it?? What sets it apart form the other variants out there?

Target 2 is a Shadow that CZC builds for CZ USA distribution.

so has trigger work with competition hammer, short reset disconnector, extended firingpin, 13# main, 11# recoil. SS guide rod, thin grips, full adjustable rear sight , FO front sight.

Hope that helps clarify the build and orgin.

9 minutes ago, eerw said:

Target 2 is a Shadow that CZC builds for CZ USA distribution.

so has trigger work with competition hammer, short reset disconnector, extended firingpin, 13# main, 11# recoil. SS guide rod, thin grips, full adjustable rear sight , FO front sight.

Hope that helps clarify the build and orgin.

After looking at the CZC website (and I do ALL the time, cuz I'm a dork) a tuned shadow is a little less. is the additional cost the adjustable sights? 

I dont know what the going rate is for the pistol. we dont offer it through our shop.

the Shadow Custom 91030 is $1300 ( fixed rear )

Then that completely makes sense. Thanks for that!!

My shooting buddy has one (he also has a shadow 2) and he prefers the Target II. 

it's a little smaller in grip and lighter than the S2, and actually has a nicer trigger right out of the box

than the S2 does.