Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your best argument in favor of a PCC?

13 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

On a serious note, a buddy who shoots PCC very well has been met with some apparently sincere negative comments by a couple r.o.'s . 

I figure that if you can't take a little kidding about a lot of things that is your problem (revolver guys often put up with Amish jokes & just roll with it, for example), but serious negative remarks are a shame. 

I agree. Truly making negative comments as an RO are uncalled for. I mean, if you want to get down to it, I think any division but Open is dumb😂😂. And I never reference that when running shooters.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/16/2019 at 2:55 PM, Ontos said:

I think there’s a definite advantage to PCC in the C-B Class range.  However, when you get into the A-M-GM range and you’re comparing PCC shooters to Open shooters with sufficient skill level to take advantage of things like transition time, the advantages progressively fade away as you are saying. 

Pcc has a definitive advantage over open on long shots. Grip strength is also less of a necessity in pcc over open. For classifiers or stages where you stand, draw, and start shooting, the draw is quicker for pcc over open. Where an uprange start is mandated, pcc gets to start down range,  another advantage. Lastly, pcc has higher cap mags eliminating any potential time lost on a stage to a reload (outside classifiers). Besides that....open has pretty much all the other advantages, and i would argue those advantages are substantial with regards to scoring and time.

My 2 cents. I applaud those who can shoot a pistol even reasonably well. You have the skill and have worked at it and you enjoy it. That's great.

I don't have that skill and the work I've done is not enough. Plain and simple is, I suck at it and it is not as much fun. Not everyone is good at some things.

But with a PCC it's a different story. I'm decent with a rifle and I enjoy it more and am willing to work at getting even better. That makes it just that much more fun.