Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best sights for 17 gen 5 mos

twister

Kinda looking for the same info. I just ordered a delta point pro. I think I’d like standard height sights though. Ones the don’t overhang the optics plate so I can leave them on and just take the DDP off of if like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dawson, trijicon... it all depends on the style of sights you want. I like fiber front sights unless i plan on carrying. My wife perfers the trijicon hd to the fibers because she likes the fatter front post. it is all dependant on your shooting style.

the dawsons are good if you don't want a co witness in the dot and to be able to just take the optic off and on. most others will take some modification or have overhang off the back of the slide.

Perfect. Thank you sir.

I have a G3 G34 with an optics cut. I tried a couple slight sets but they all hung over the plate just a little. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am considering a G17 MOS for eventual entry into CO using the GSSF discount. It might be a couple months before I score a dot so thinking of using as a Production/ Lim minor blaster until then. Am I following the thread that I'll need aftermarket sights to co-witness when there's a dot on? 

I had a set of Dawson non co witness on the 17 I had and they are spot on, plus Dawson stands behind his products which is a huge plus.

I ordered the Dawson Gen 5 17/19 MOS and G34 MOS sights last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i just ordered the non co witness set for my gen 5 mos gun. plain rear and fo front. on one mos gun i have just the optic. on my other mos gun i have tti iron sights and the prevent me pulling the mos plate with the rear sight in place unless i mill some of the sight's leading edge off. they also hang off the back of the gun a little due to the mos dovetail position.

so hopefully i like them for myself as much as i recommended them to someone else! hahahaha. thankfully dawson is only like a two hour drive away so if i really wanted i could just go up there.

i just ordered the non co witness set for my gen 5 mos gun. plain rear and fo front. on one mos gun i have just the optic. on my other mos gun i have tti iron sights and the prevent me pulling the mos plate with the rear sight in place unless i mill some of the sight's leading edge off. they also hang off the back of the gun a little due to the mos dovetail position.

so hopefully i like them for myself as much as i recommended them to someone else! hahahaha. thankfully dawson is only like a two hour drive away so if i really wanted i could just go up there.

That’s the same thing I ordered. I have a brand new G17 Gen 5 MOS and I got the non co witness sights for that one. Also have a Gucci G34 Gen 3 that Southwest Precision just did up for me with optics cut. I got the standard non Gen 5 non co witness MOS sights for that as well. I ordered a DeltaPoint Pro for the G17, and probably gonna put a Gen 2 RMR on the 34.

I have a normal set of Dawson sights on a Lonewolf G41 I built years ago and love them.

They should be here this week. I’ll let ya know and included pics I have the time.

Work is killing me right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they fit well and installed fine. but.....

but i do not like how the serrations do not go all the way to the edge. having a band of unserrated metal all around the edge of the rear sight does something visually i initially don't like. for my eyesight, it makes the rear notch a little blurry in its definition. I'd like a more precise looking edge to the rear notch that i seem to get in a rear blade where the serration is all across it.

so we'll see how that goes with time.

Edited by rowdyb