Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Precision Shadow 2 made weight


LeeIndy
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

What does the inside of the slide look like. Pictures!!!

 

I'm not sure what all they did. Looks like mostly the guide rod channel. Anyone have a stock picture of the inside so I can compare?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Sorry guys I forgot about this.

I've put the S2 on a further diet with cgw guide rod. And the loK light weight thin grips. All said I've got 2.6 oz available for a dot.

 

Do you guys still want pics? I'm currently CO legal for Uspsa and IPSC. The iron sight plate would get me prod legal too

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, LeeIndy said:

Sorry guys I forgot about this.

I've put the S2 on a further diet with cgw guide rod. And the loK light weight thin grips. All said I've got 2.6 oz available for a dot.

 

Do you guys still want pics? I'm currently CO legal for Uspsa and IPSC. The iron sight plate would get me prod legal too

 

 

 

Double check for IPSC not sure you can remove other weight inside the slide I think its just milling for mounting a red dot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, LeeIndy said:

I'm 10000% sure Im production legal if I put the iron sight plate on. 

I read that as ONLY the optic cut can be done. If you had material removed from the recoil spring

channel wouldn’t that be considered not necessary for the optic? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Red_Dot said:

I read that as ONLY the optic cut can be done. If you had material removed from the recoil spring

channel wouldn’t that be considered not necessary for the optic? 

What rule says you cant have internal weight reduction? Appendix D 21.3 allows aftermarket slides as long as they conform to the same profile as OEM. I have no externally visible cuts so the slide is standard profile if including the filler plate. 

21.2b
Milling of Slide
A slide may be modified specifically for installing sights, and for no other purpose. Slide racking devices are prohibited.

For this gun to make weight taking a little bit out of the guide rod channel is required. 

 

the production rule changes have basically turned it into Limited 10 Minor with no magwell. For shits sake you can have a gaspedal now as long as you dont modify the frame to make it fit. #stupid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LeeIndy said:

 

21.2b
Milling of Slide
A slide may be modified specifically for installing sights, and for no other purpose

I think that’s the answer right there. Talk to NROI if you want to double-dip but I personally wouldn’t want to risk shooting open minor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, LeeIndy said:

What rule says you cant have internal weight reduction? Appendix D 21.3 allows aftermarket slides as long as they conform to the same profile as OEM. I have no externally visible cuts so the slide is standard profile if including the filler plate. 

21.2b
Milling of Slide
A slide may be modified specifically for installing sights, and for no other purpose. Slide racking devices are prohibited.

For this gun to make weight taking a little bit out of the guide rod channel is required.

Looks pretty crystal clear to me. You could run it and they won’t proactively check for milling of the Guide rod area but if you get found out it’d be a bad day IMO.

C645F2FD-8FBE-4F61-84D6-26C8ADEC8AE1.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...