Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Classifiers 2019

I know we have had a lot of new classifiers, My club, is fixing to run a 4 or More classifier match.

Which classifiers do you feel are best, I have a number of PCC shooters and a group of 3 gun guys who have never shot classifiers much in the past.  I ask you 3 things.

Easiest?

Most fun?

Definitely Shouldn't run.

Please don't ask me to use the search function.  I have.

Just some initial thoughts.

Some of The new classifiers incorporate movement 18-01, 18-03. More fun for your shooters that are used to run and gun.

Stay away from Fixed Time unless you have a robust RO package.

Can you count 06-03 is always a crowd favorite.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Derrick-508 said:

--- snip ---
Remember that you need 6 Classifiers on record to get initially classified. So your new unclassified shooters won’t walk away from a 4 stage match with a classification.
--- snip ---

4 is all that is required for initial classification...

"To receive an initial classification, a member needs to have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database."

We have never had a classifier match before.  ( We are a new club)   I do like can you Count... I was looking at running 5 or 6  that wa everyone can make a mistake. .... I was there when max michelle shot the high hit factor on can you count ( on his squad at area 6 in fact).... that one used to be a ball buster on percentage though. he and travis SMOKED it.

I assume you're shooting outdoors, in which case  06-03 Can You Count is nice.

I most regularly shoot at an indoor match which is a little more limiting.  Some of the more interesting/fun classifiers I remember are

13-05 Tick Tock ,which has a mandatory reload off the table
06-05 Fluffy's Revenge 2, which uses two poppers and IPSC targets
09-07 It's Not Brain Surgery, which starts seated at table and is head shots only
03-08 Madness, where you need to slow down before you can speed up again

Looking back over them it seems I like classifiers that reward discipline. If you're reckless you'll zero them, but with a little care the percentage comes out okay.

Try and dig up that chart that showed which classifiers got easier and which got harder if you're picking non 18 series ones.

To me, as someone less than 3% away from a bump, there is a big difference between 'fun to shoot' classifiers and ones you can reasonably hope to use to raise your percentage.

Edited by rowdyb

2 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I did not know such an animal existed.  Recommendations where to start a search?

Thank you.

burried deep in one of the threads discussing the change in hhf to all the classifiers last year.

43 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

burried deep in one of the threads discussing the change in hhf to all the classifiers last year.

It's  not even valid now. They've done another update since that one. 

9 hours ago, Steve Moneypenny said:

We have never had a classifier match before.  ( We are a new club)   I do like can you Count... I was looking at running 5 or 6  that wa everyone can make a mistake. .... I was there when max michelle shot the high hit factor on can you count ( on his squad at area 6 in fact).... that one used to be a ball buster on percentage though. he and travis SMOKED it.

Wasn't it Phil Strader who shot the high Limited HF that weekend?

12 hours ago, B_RAD said:

It's  not even valid now. They've done another update since that one. 

i thought the second update was only to the 18 series...

but it could hopefully show a trend or at least let someone know what to avoid....

the talk i hear is that many of the 18 series are the ones to use if you want to bump up.  of the 3 i have right now over 90 all are the 18 series.

49 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i thought the second update was only to the 18 series...

but it could hopefully show a trend or at least let someone know what to avoid....

the talk i hear is that many of the 18 series are the ones to use if you want to bump up.  of the 3 i have right now over 90 all are the 18 series.

I thought they did an update on all.  Pretty sure.  They talk about it in one the recent front sight issues.