Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Charging Handle for M&P

SteelCityShooter

When I added a Leupold DPP to my M&P9 2.0 it made operating the slide somewhat awkward while initially charging or slingshotting.   I found a very good charging handle from Springer Precision that replaces the striker cover plate and made operating the slide much easier, faster and more convenient. 

The cost is modest ($35) and, better yet, it's available in both left and right handed configurations.  I'm a lefty so that was important to me.  Installation was very easy as all you have to know is how to remove the striker cover and this is a drop-in replacement. 

1 hour ago, fstbandit said:

The only problem is you cannot use this in most competitions without being bumped to open with a dot. I had it for my Limited gun for a while, really great quality.

Did you notice that he already had an optic on the gun...? Primary issue would be fitting the box if being used on a CO setup...

7 hours ago, ParaOrdnanceLarry said:

The Deltapoint is as tough as RMRs.

I use the optic to rack.

Yeah, I know but it bothered me to use the DPP as a charging handle.  The racker also keeps my fingerprints off of the lens.

Here is the link: https://shop.springerprecision.com/Springer-Precision-EZ-slide-racker-MP-competition-SP0407.htm .  This is the right handed (left side) version but the lefty-friendly one can be found on their web site too.

I'm not sure if the racker disqualifies the gun for certain competitions.  I use my M&P for myclub's PPC-type target matches and Steel Challenge and it's no problem there.

I use my optic to rack the slide as well. Seems to be holding up. Not easy on it. I don’t mind the fingerprints since I look “through” the dot. Don’t ever notice the window being dirty 

On 6/3/2019 at 1:48 PM, wgj3 said:

Did you notice that he already had an optic on the gun...? Primary issue would be fitting the box if being used on a CO setup...

Yes I saw. It has nothing to do with fitting in a box. It is not listed for approved modifications, unless it becomes like the new *thumb rest [generic]* thingy it is a no go and he would be put in open.

@SteelCityShooter if that is what you are using it for I say go for it. It makes life super easy if you are worried about smudging up the lens.