Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEED HELPS

• 3 weeks later...

Depends on what you are shooting and what you wear on your head really.  Practical shooting with long guns and muffs don't mix for me.  I opt for Decibulz molded ear plugs in that application.  I shoot an open pistol so I'm using noise cancelling muffs.  The sky's the limit on pricing.  Take a look at what your fellow shooters are wearing when you shoot.

Surefire Ultra ear plugs are what I use when I shoot to minimize as much external sound as possible but still hear the timer beep and range commands.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I ended up seeing an audiologist and getting fit for custom ear plugs. 

None of the off the shelf ear plugs fit me well.  And wearing muffs all day in the heat wasn’t fun. 

10 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Oh, you northern guys make me laugh - you have No Idea what Heat is.     🌞     🔥

Come on down this summer.     🤣

Ha... my folks lived in Florida for years after they retired... and you’re right, that heat and humidity is on another level.

I used to travel out to TX, AZ, and NM a lot for work too and you all can keep that summer heat too.

I don’t do well in temps above 80 LOL.

I used the Howard Lights when I lived in AZ. 
I was at a match in MI and saw the dude making those custom fit ones for 60 bucks. Now I wear those pretty much all the time. 

I think the Howard lights were maybe 50 on Amazon? and the custom fit ones were 60ish at the match. 

Edited by Dutchman195

On 6/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, blackfatbob said:

Depends on what you are shooting and what you wear on your head really.  Practical shooting with long guns and muffs don't mix for me.  I opt for Decibulz molded ear plugs in that application.  I shoot an open pistol so I'm using noise cancelling muffs.  The sky's the limit on pricing.  Take a look at what your fellow shooters are wearing when you shoot.

Thanks for your great idea and time.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:22 PM, Loudgp said:

I used Ear Inc. they seem to work good for the cost and molded to your ear... 

Hey guys, I think Ear Inc provides best product because listen to the name of it before. Many of mine friends are use Ear Inc products.

Thanks it's really so helpful I think.

• 2 months later...

So many shooters use generic earplugs for shooting. The generic earplugs block the loud noise totally to enter the ear and so that we don't listen to others what they say. But the electronic earplugs give a limited loud to the ear so that we can hear to others what they said at the time of the shooting.

To know something more about it, please visit here https://www.bigearinc.com/products/best-ear-protection-for-shooting.

Edited by jacksimonton