Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Hyperion

RandyBaker

53 minutes ago, Pfiddy said:

So so the Everglades holster works with any 2011 grip? Plastic, metal PT or SVi? I would really like to do the same holster for everything. 

The suspension/hanger system looks a little hokey. Is it effective? Any drawback to that one?

I've been running it on my all my 2011 pistols with PT grips and SVI pistols.. It is rock solid.. The draws are consistent, no hang ups.. I was running the DAA alpha x, got tired of all the hang ups....I did upgrade too the metal screws and the hip pad.. I went all out and I don't regret one bit of it. 

You all may want to check out this new holster company run by a local shooter, GX Prducts https://gxproductsusa.com/?fbclid=IwAR38DXJ9Xp2EEBdplneEX3JBjt649x0KLpGAplPJpcmOIde15mnqq-w0Nv4 Lafe makes some outstanding holsters for many gun models and adding new ones all the time. He has an interesting retention system for his double layered kydex holsters. I have an early model and it is solid as a rock. Will be purchasing more for other guns in the future.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Bluemooncricket said:

Mine should arrive in the next couple of weeks. I’ll chime in then.

Nice! Mine is due in any day now I. I was kind of on the fence between the Hyperion and the Titan but Atlas had a lot of good stuff to say about the Hyperion being better for low PF 9 mm so I went that direction.

• 2 months later...

I’m not a new Hyperion owner but my shooting partner is.  

I was was trying to convince him to buy a nemesis, I own one and it’s incredible. He has his own wants and went Hyperion (he was formerly a Glock shooter). 

I got my hands on it yesterday and I’m impressed. Very well balanced, excellent return to zero, very minimal muzzle flip. Atlas did a great job with these IMO.  The cheely grip is just a tad different than the PT ego grip on the nemesis. The trigger is as nice as you would expect. We didn’t gauge it but it felt just like mine which is just over 2 lbs. it handles great, he is very pleased although he having to learn a new pistol and all the quirks of a new platform. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, scduckman03 said:

Anyone got one yet? Range reviews? 

I ordered one a few weeks ago. Now the wait is killing me! Honest Outlaw has done a review on Patreon. There is only one or two youtube vids out there.

On 11/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, Tcotter2629 said:

Have you seen the Athena? 

Yeah, didn't exist when I first posted that. The hyperion, athena, & erebus all look great, but I wish they were more flexible/versatile, like the honcho. I guess you could have different slides for each. Or maybe request an erebus with the athena setup.

Got to put my hands on a Hyperion at Match today. Felt really nice and smooth. Wright was balanced really nice. Would have loved to shoot a few rounds through it, but didn’t see the guy when the match was over to ask. Maybe next time. 

On 7/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, Furrly said:

Thats why I switched to the Everglades holster, best decision I ever made...well worth the $$$

Me too!! Worked over the Alpha X to eliminate random snagging. No success. Everglades is well worth the similar cost. Great holster

• 2 weeks later...

I played with and shot a Hyperion on Saturday. Really nice gun. Absolutely gorgeous and feels beyond smooth. 

Shooting wise? I honestly wasn’t too impressed. Sure it was a nice trigger, but it felt very similar to my 2011 (plastic grip fill size), and it wasn’t a ton better than my Staccato P I was shooting next to it. 

Heck I think I shot the Staccato P better. 

Throughout the match the owner of it shot the gun really well and had a number of very quick (.2 splits at 10 yards) that were touching. He likes it and that’s what matters. 

After playing with it though, I think I’d get the new 4.45 staccato P for 3 gun and call it a day. 

• 4 months later...

I've had my new Hyperion out several times after owning a Titan. I like the lighter swing weight and it feels like it's just as accurate but I have a lot of confirmation bias working here and I'm not going to promise it's absolutely better in every aspect but it's a really good pistol. I also went from a Springfield 1911 to an Atlas, no Sti phase in between like most people so I can't say how much better it is than a $2000 gun in practice. Nor have I shot Infinities or other expensive 2011s. 

My impression is the fit and finish is further improved over 3-4 years ago (I've owned four Atlas guns now, visited the shop, definitely a fan boy). Not that the older guns were bad whatsoever but this latest one is more perfect, lol. And frankly the Titan was pretty damn beefy, this feels more balanced and refined. 

Only downside is it's been hot and humid, I sweat a lot and the Cheely grips are slipperier than the old spikey PTs. Most people complain about the PTs (they even catch lint and abrade your shirts) but I sweat enough that I may resort to some climbers chalk or resin that I can add to improve my grip on the nastiest days. On the other hand, in normal weather it may be easier to adjust your grip while gripped if you know what I mean, slight tweaks should be easier than the PT that locks you in. 

Also if I thought I could use a red dot with my age-related astigmatism I'd just get the Athena, which is usable with iron sights or dots but otherwise the same (I think). Until a manufacturer develops a prism pistol sight I'm not going to use a fuzzy $$$ red dot. 

Again, I'm a casual shooter and infrequent competitor and I simply like nice gear and can afford it. But I'm really happy with this Hyperion and thinking about ordering a custom gun from them next. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sup guys,

I’m new here, but today I saw the Athena and Nemesis at our local dealer. They are beautiful pieces and looked really well built. They both felt great in my hands, but the Athena would have been the one I’d get. The option to run sights or optics is hard to pass up.
I didn’t want to drop that much coin today, so 

I ended up buying a STI frame to build and hope to be picking it up in 10 days or so...