Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best PCC glock mag.

himurax13

For most COF's I run a Glock 33 rd mag with either a Dawson Precision basepad (36/37 rds) or an MBX Mini extension (47 rds)  both downloaded 1 or 2 rounds.

As long as the Glock mag is cleaned out and slightly beveled at the basepad connection, all run 100%.

For classifiers which require a reload I use the PMAG 9GL 27 rd mags.  The hard slick sides of the magazine seems to slip into the magwell a bit better than the factory Glock magazine.  The extra length of the 27 rd mag also helps.

As soon as any of these mags start to act up, the Glock portion is tossed into long term storage to never be used again.  The basepads seem to last forever.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:10 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

For classifiers which require a reload I use the PMAG 9GL 27 rd mags.  The hard slick sides of the magazine seems to slip into the magwell a bit better than the factory Glock magazine.  The extra length of the 27 rd mag also helps.

As soon as any of these mags start to act up, the Glock portion is tossed into long term storage to never be used again.  The basepads seem to last forever.

You like the 27 round mag instead of 17 round mag with a +6 extension?

On 6/3/2019 at 9:10 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Why store it/them if never to be used again ???

For field courses, i recommend an OEM glock 33rd mag with either a taylor freelance +10, tti +10 extension or a Taylor freelance goliath +20.  The latter comes with some restrictions on ammo profile and overall length of your bullets for reliable operation.

For classifiers,  a 24rnd oem glock mag with a +0 tti base pad. 

On my belt I have a goliath which is used for the stage, 1x 24rnd mag, and 1x 33rnd oem mag both with +0 tti baseplates as backups. If I somehow end up with a malfunction i want to feed my gun something as close to stock oem as possible. The +0 basepads allow me to more easily take mags apart for cleaning.

With good ammo the above configuration has run flawlessly in my JP.

Edited by Smithcity

2 hours ago, Smithcity said:

For field courses, i recommend an OEM glock 33rd mag with either a taylor freelance +10, tti +10 extension or a Taylor freelance goliath +20.  The latter comes with some restrictions on ammo profile and overall length of your bullets for reliable operation.

For classifiers,  a 24rnd oem glock mag with a +0 tti base pad. 

On my belt I have a goliath which is used for the stage, 1x 24rnd mag, and 1x 33rnd oem mag both with +0 tti baseplates as backups. If I somehow end up with a malfunction i want to feed my gun something as close to stock oem as possible. The +0 basepads allow me to more easily take mags apart for cleaning.

With good ammo the above configuration has run flawlessly in my JP.

What constitutes good ammo? Factory?

Reloads to certain specifications?

40 minutes ago, Paul49 said:

What constitutes good ammo? Factory?

Reloads to certain specifications?

That question could easily be its own thread. I no longer use coated bullets, they dont play well with the goliath. The goliath wants an oal of 1.125in or less. I use plated or jacketed bullets. I check my powder drop for accuracy and consistency while reloading. Powder check ensures i dont have empty or double powder drops. I check oal during my loading sessions to ensure it hasnt drifted. Everything is case gauged,  i.e. it must fall into the case gauge on its own weight and slide out on its own or it is rejected. I also check for high and low primers. Your primers should be 2 to 6mil deeper than the top of the primer pocket. Higher than 2mil is to high, and deeper than 6mil, you risk a light strike that doesnt detonate. The above QC combined with oem glock magazines, the base plates i mentioned, and my JP runs flawlessly over 10k+ rounds so far.

2 minutes ago, Smithcity said:

Simple google search will turn em up, i believe glock released them in 2018

did not know about them...thought you might have been talking about using the 22 round .40 mags...
thanks for the info...

1 minute ago, racerba said:

did not know about them...thought you might have been talking about using the 22 round .40 mags...
thanks for the info...

Any time. New 2018 glock product. Ive pulled 100%+ on classifiers several times with them. They are right at the 170mm length, i prefer pistol style reloads with my pcc.

5 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Cause I'm a terrible  pack rat.  Its amazing some of the stuff I find in the garage.  In another thread I mentioned I was able to build a complete AR-15 from parts found in a garage cleanout.  Only thing missing was a take-down pin spring.

5 hours ago, Steve RA said:

Cause I'm a terrible  pack rat.  Its amazing some of the stuff I find in the garage.  In another thread I mentioned I was able to build a complete AR-15 from parts found in a garage cleanout.  Only thing missing was a take-down pin spring.

I use glock 33 round mags . I have one with mbx 47 round mag extension
So basically which is the prefetred extension?

Springer
TTI
MBX
Taylor Freelance

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...