Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow 2 or tso

urmaker45

If Competition is not an issue, TSO hands down for me. Better quality, feel and accuracy. Heck, even my wife likes and shoots it more than my shadow 2 especially after I installed a frame mounted trijicon on it.

8406-DDEA-3-E52-4862-89-FC-D6-B3-FFF8-E6-B5.jpg
Sorry OP... but George, which Trijicon is that?

3 hours ago, belus said:

The STI Trojan isn't legal for Production and is a disastrously poor choice for Limited.

I think you're asking the wrong internet forum for advice. Everything here is colored by USPSA competition, and if that's not your interest, then the advice won't be well aligned with your needs. The S2 is a great Production gun and the 9mm TSO a less than mediocre Limited gun. And both put the same size holes in a piece of paper at about the same rate.

I don't mean to be harsh or dismissive, but I'm not sure you have enough experience for this decision to be very consequential. Sure you'll be emotionally invested in one pistol vs the other, but I doubt it'll make any difference to your ability to shoot quickly or accurately. Maybe the emotional investment is what you need to practice more, but then it's the practice that will make the difference, not the gun.

I like limited capacity divisions and my opinion is somewhat colored by this love of the extra challenge: I would keep the S2 and buy a Dillon SDB in 9mm for $450 and start reloading. 6000 rounds later the press will have paid for itself, you'll probably be B-class or higher in Production, and you'll be more invested in the sport with more experience to make this decision on your own.

Thanks for the info you have  a valid point . I just wish IDPA would increase the weight limit so the s2 would be legal then I wouldn’t even be thinking about a different gun so I could shoot both divisions . I was going to shoot the Trojan in single stack minor and esp in IDPA . I need to bite the bullet and buy a Dillon. I’m thinking about having the slide milled and run c/o for both IDPA uspsa that’s only way I know how to use it in both 

53 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
10 hours ago, George16 said:
If Competition is not an issue, TSO hands down for me. Better quality, feel and accuracy. Heck, even my wife likes and shoots it more than my shadow 2 especially after I installed a frame mounted trijicon on it.

8406-DDEA-3-E52-4862-89-FC-D6-B3-FFF8-E6-B5.jpg

Sorry OP... but George, which Trijicon is that?

Amber colored dual illuminated trijicon.