Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz shadow 2 or tso


urmaker45
 Share

Recommended Posts

I’m debating on trading my cz shadow 2 for a tactical sport orange what you guys think. ? I have full Cajun gun parts his has tso aluminum trigger , 6 mags grams followers basepads , mine has same  many mags etc . I’m running it in uspsa his is 9mm . I have to add cash on my end as well . I also can trade for a STI Trojan 9mm crp Dawson with extreme engineering trigger , ice magwell , Wilson combat  extreme trigger hammer group , upgraded extractor, 5 Dawson mags baseplates . What’s you guys thoughts ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have both. My shadow 2 also has the goodies and has a very light and crisp DA and SA. I like the TSO more but it all boils down to what your intended purpose. I shot the shadow 2 in production until I switch to PCC since I couldn’t see the iron sights. The TSO is way  ether is almost every aspect than the shadow 2.

 

Again, ask yourself what your intended purpose for the gun and base your choice on that. Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info it’s going to be my only pistol lol so I guess it will be uspsa limited so that’s why I’m looking for which would be better if you could only have one . I know the Trojan would be able to be shot in both but idk if that would be a smart even trade . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TrackCage said:

Do you want to shoot Production or Limited? 

I really don’t have a preference I don’t get to shoot big matches much . I do like being able to put all the bullets in my gun and blast away in limited but I know being minor I’m loosing points . I haven’t got to that point of gaming it that hard yet . I know the shadow 2 is production and tso will be limited and both minor but it’s not that big of deal to me to be honest .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, urmaker45 said:

I really don’t have a preference I don’t get to shoot big matches much . I do like being able to put all the bullets in my gun and blast away in limited but I know being minor I’m loosing points . I haven’t got to that point of gaming it that hard yet . I know the shadow 2 is production and tso will be limited and both minor but it’s not that big of deal to me to be honest .

Shadow 2 is a premier Production gun, while shooting minor out of a TSO is a known handicap. If you dont care about competition, I'm sure the TSO is nice. But as a gun well suited to a division, it's a step backwards from what you already have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RevolverJockey said:

If you aren’t in the serious competitor stage and already have a Shadow 2, why not just fill it up and shoot Limited Minor with it? You could always go back to Production or CO then. Way cheaper. 

Yep

Load it up put the safety on and run is SAO for limited

Go back to Prod. any time by changing mags or taking the extended base pads off and putting your regular pads on.

 

Or go 40 with the TSO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TrackCage said:

Shadow 2 is a premier Production gun, while shooting minor out of a TSO is a known handicap. If you dont care about competition, I'm sure the TSO is nice. But as a gun well suited to a division, it's a step backwards from what you already have.

I see your point for sure . I guess it’s more I want something  different then anything . When I first was looking for a competition gun I wanted a tso but I didn’t have the funds for one initially so now I have a chance to get one I’m having a notion to go for it just trying not to make a poor decision . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jcc7x7 said:

Yep

Load it up put the safety on and run is SAO for limited

Go back to Prod. any time by changing mags or taking the extended base pads off and putting your regular pads on.

 

Or go 40 with the TSO

I really want to go with a 40 so I can be more competitive but the ammo cost is a lot more I know I’m whining about ammo with a 1700 dollar gun but I like to shoot a lot and I know that will cut into it lol plus if I can shoot all a’s I’m good ... cough .., lol . Geeze this is a hard decision you guys are talking with common sense and I’m looking at the new shinny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a Shadow 1 and a TSO. Both are custom shop guns. Both are very good. That is a very difficult question. Now that I have both, I don't know if I could choose between them. The TSO has a nicer trigger than the Shadow, but the Shadow's trigger is also very good for a DA/SA trigger. The TSO is 4oz heavier than the Shadow 1 (don't know about the Shadow 2), so it does soak up recoil more, but that means it's also just a fraction slower at transitioning between targets. 

 

The TSO is extremely accurate, tight fitting, great quality. The TSO has a bigger grip, takes different mags. But, you are essentially stuck in 1 division with it. With the Shadow, Production, CO (if milled for a dot), and Limited Minor. 9mm is cheaper, but 40 gets more points. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, urmaker45 said:

Do any of you guys have a tso and shadow 2 and be able to say gun for gun which is better in terms of quality , feel , accuracy ? If competition was not a issue which you would go with ?

If Competition is not an issue, TSO hands down for me. Better quality, feel and accuracy. Heck, even my wife likes and shoots it more than my shadow 2 especially after I installed a frame mounted trijicon on it.

 

8406-DDEA-3-E52-4862-89-FC-D6-B3-FFF8-E6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, George16 said:

If Competition is not an issue, TSO hands down for me. Better quality, feel and accuracy. Heck, even my wife likes and shoots it more than my shadow 2 especially after I installed a frame mounted trijicon on it.

 

8406-DDEA-3-E52-4862-89-FC-D6-B3-FFF8-E6

Wow I want that bad !!’ That’s a nice looking tso !! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

I have a Shadow 1 and a TSO. Both are custom shop guns. Both are very good. That is a very difficult question. Now that I have both, I don't know if I could choose between them. The TSO has a nicer trigger than the Shadow, but the Shadow's trigger is also very good for a DA/SA trigger. The TSO is 4oz heavier than the Shadow 1 (don't know about the Shadow 2), so it does soak up recoil more, but that means it's also just a fraction slower at transitioning between targets. 

 

The TSO is extremely accurate, tight fitting, great quality. The TSO has a bigger grip, takes different mags. But, you are essentially stuck in 1 division with it. With the Shadow, Production, CO (if milled for a dot), and Limited Minor. 9mm is cheaper, but 40 gets more points. 

Yea I have thought about a shadow 1 so I could run it in IDPA and uspsa as well. The shadow 2 is 46 ounces I think . Mine has a nice trigger I have all the Cajun disconnect/hammer / short reset etc . Somthing draws me to the tso and 2011s 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, urmaker45 said:

Yea I have thought about a shadow 1 so I could run it in IDPA and uspsa as well. The shadow 2 is 46 ounces I think . Mine has a nice trigger I have all the Cajun disconnect/hammer / short reset etc . Somthing draws me to the tso and 2011s 

I have a 2011 as well (open gun)....but the TSO feels better in my hand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The TSO is the better, more expensive gun. But it´s no production gun, thats the deal. Its in the league of 2011´s. If you just play around and want a cool gun, the TSO would be my choice. If you want to be competitive with it, you should shoot major. If you do uspsa just for fun and/or for developing your skillset, it really doesnt matter.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

IWhat’s you guys thoughts ?

I started with a SP01 in production.. got tired of reloading and just loaded up the mags and shot limited minor for a year, got my B card and bought a TSO in 40 and added a 9mm upper and kept shooting limited minor for a few months.. converted to major, shot a dozen matches, started reloading, and still moving up the ladder. IMO the TSO holds its own against the best of the 2011s and with 2 uppers and mags you can change back and forth.  I kind of wish I had started reloading and shooting major sooner. Its not the points that holds you back, its the extra time it takes to shoot for alphas.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bimmer1980 said:

The TSO is the better, more expensive gun. But it´s no production gun, thats the deal. Its in the league of 2011´s. If you just play around and want a cool gun, the TSO would be my choice. If you want to be competitive with it, you should shoot major. If you do uspsa just for fun and/or for developing your skillset, it really doesnt matter.

 

 

I haven’t got to shoot a tso only got to hold one but I love my shadow 2 so I would assume I would love a tso 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, scroadkill said:

 

That’s very true if I had a reload set up   I would consider more of a 40 but buying it from a store 40 is crazy expensive . I only get to shoot matches 1 time a month so i don’t get to get into it as much as I would like 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

Thanks for the info it’s going to be my only pistol lol so I guess it will be uspsa limited so that’s why I’m looking for which would be better if you could only have one . I know the Trojan would be able to be shot in both but idk if that would be a smart even trade . 

The STI Trojan isn't legal for Production and is a disastrously poor choice for Limited.

 

8 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

I really don’t have a preference I don’t get to shoot big matches much . I do like being able to put all the bullets in my gun and blast away in limited but I know being minor I’m loosing points . I haven’t got to that point of gaming it that hard yet . I know the shadow 2 is production and tso will be limited and both minor but it’s not that big of deal to me to be honest .

 

8 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

I see your point for sure . I guess it’s more I want something  different then anything . When I first was looking for a competition gun I wanted a tso but I didn’t have the funds for one initially so now I have a chance to get one I’m having a notion to go for it just trying not to make a poor decision . 

 

7 hours ago, urmaker45 said:

Do any of you guys have a tso and shadow 2 and be able to say gun for gun which is better in terms of quality , feel , accuracy ? If competition was not a issue which you would go with ?

 

I think you're asking the wrong internet forum for advice. Everything here is colored by USPSA competition, and if that's not your interest, then the advice won't be well aligned with your needs. The S2 is a great Production gun and the 9mm TSO a less than mediocre Limited gun. And both put the same size holes in a piece of paper at about the same rate.

 

I don't mean to be harsh or dismissive, but I'm not sure you have enough experience for this decision to be very consequential. Sure you'll be emotionally invested in one pistol vs the other, but I doubt it'll make any difference to your ability to shoot quickly or accurately. Maybe the emotional investment is what you need to practice more, but then it's the practice that will make the difference, not the gun.

I like limited capacity divisions and my opinion is somewhat colored by this love of the extra challenge: I would keep the S2 and buy a Dillon SDB in 9mm for $450 and start reloading. 6000 rounds later the press will have paid for itself, you'll probably be B-class or higher in Production, and you'll be more invested in the sport with more experience to make this decision on your own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...