Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double taps at 10 yards? How fast?

ysrracer

When you guys are double tapping at 10 yards, what is your time from the beep, to the last shot?

I'm talking about, beep, draw, first shot, second shot. Double action revo, of course.

414227687.jpg

Edited by ysrracer

29 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

I need something to "shoot" for :)

Get it, shoot for? I crack myself up.

.7 draw

.10 splits

That should keep you busy for a while.

enjoy

I was once an active M in USPSA, I've hit .16, average was .20 with no more than 1 C,  I can hit .18 if I push it and accept C's.

It's the draw that degrades quicker,  I've hit sub 1 second when I'm practicing heavily.  But cold, when I'm not practicing heavily is more like 1.4.

It's mostly due to reacting to the 1st tone of the buzzer, luckily the draw is one of the least important parts of USPSA.

You will be competitive with <.3 splits, <1.5 draws, <.35 transitions and <2.5 reloads with A's.

Look at El Presidente 57 points and 7.2 seconds = 7.9166 HF and would equal a draw of 1.5, 6 splits of .3, 4 transitions of .35 and a reload of 2.5 = 7.2 seconds.

Minimum score for Master, 85%, is 7.8066.

Local club ran the El Presidente in May, I had a hit factor of 6.8602 and was 12th overall of 72 competitors with my Revolver (5 Open/2M, 21 Ltd/No M or A, 17 CO/1M, 4 PCC/1M, 18 Prod/1GM 1M, 5 SS/1B, 1 Rev/Me).  52 pts/7.58 sec = 6.8602, don't know the breakdown but the run felt good just dropped 8 points more than I wanted kind of rusty with the Revovler at this point and was happy with it.

Also remember that field courses are also a matter of setting up at a position and leaving that position.  Something that can't be measured as easily.  

In California you've got some great competitors, like Rich Wolfe, Dan Carden, John Bagakis just get to some matches with those guys, squad with them if you can and they'll be happy to give you pointers.  Can catch them at a USPSA or ICORE match.

On 6/1/2019 at 2:48 PM, ysrracer said:

When you guys are double tapping at 10 yards, what is your time from the beep, to the last shot?

I'm talking about, beep, draw, first shot, second shot. Double action revo, of course.

414227687.jpg

1 second 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, rwmagnus said:

Nice drill. Can I start at point blank range? I'll have to try this one.

Yeah .. start at 3yds ... them move out to 5 ... and so on ...  

IIRC ... in one of his class reviews I read ... (Stoeger) ... he started everyone out at 5yds.