Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Systems MR918 in SSP?

dmedley

Are they making 2000 a year?

8.2.1 Stock Service Pistol Division (SSP)

Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:

A. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units. Discontinued models must have had a total production of

20,000 units

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2019 at 2:11 PM, dmedley said:

Shadow Systems MR918 is their factory produced Glock 19 ish pistol. Legal in SSP? I think it would be just checking.

While you're checking, check the rulebook.  There's your answer.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2019 at 9:28 AM, Tokarev said:

Approved for USPSA production no?

On a related note; Shadow Systems has a 17-ish pistol in the works. It should be available mid 2020.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

USPSA required 2,000 total units, not 2,000 per year

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I would hope the Shadow Systems MR920 would be Prod legal. I have been looking for one for several months and can't find one anywhere. Everywhere I call, they say they get them in and they're gone in couple hours, so selling fast. I can't find one. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 10:36 AM, Darrell said:

I have both the DR920 and the MR920. Both guns reliable and accurate. Took about 200 rounds to break them in and during that time I had no failures. Have a Holosun 507C on the DR.

I see that you have the dr920.   I’ve been thinking about the x5 for carry optics as I see you have it listed.  I have a 320 full size and it’s not very accurate but has a nice point of aim.  The mr920 8 have has good accuracy but not as natural of a point of aim IMO.  I have not shot the dr 920.   I see a lot about the inaccuracy of the legion.   I was thinking about the dr920 as unposed to the legion for Uspsa carry optics.    Any opinions on that dr as opposed to the legion?  Thanks ahead of time.   

Edited by iukamedic
Added division

On 4/25/2021 at 3:36 PM, iukamedic said:

I see that you have the dr920.   I’ve been thinking about the x5 for carry optics as I see you have it listed.  I have a 320 full size and it’s not very accurate but has a nice point of aim.  The mr920 8 have has good accuracy but not as natural of a point of aim IMO.  I have not shot the dr 920.   I see a lot about the inaccuracy of the legion.   I was thinking about the dr920 as unposed to the legion for Uspsa carry optics.    Any opinions on that dr as opposed to the legion?  Thanks ahead of time.   

The DR920 with the flat backstrap points good for me, for carry optic I can use my DR, P320 x5, or my Ed Brown M&P. The DR is more accurate than the other two. In carry optics during the match I don't think the accuracy difference matters that much it's more what trigger you prefer. I prefer my M&P trigger but can shoot the DR just as well. 

Thank you for your return post.    I had a M&p and loved that trigger except for the fact that it seemed real far back to me.   I’m gonna try that dr920.   The mr 920 seems to fit me well so I’m hoping that the dr will fit also. Thanks again.