Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
avastcosmicarena

New Trigger - TriggerTech AR Diamond

@Snausages32 I took the TriggerTech Diamond out of my PCC too...  Put my AR Gold 308 trigger back in...  It runs flawlessly in my PCC at 1Lb 5oz.

I emailed TriggerTech and they advised me to crank the pull weight to the maximum and adjust it down to see how low it would go before it started burst firing again...  Since it wouldn't run at 2Lbs, there was no reason for me to continue testing it in my PCC...  I'm going to put it in an AR-15 I plan to shoot in PRS...  Should be good for a PRS rifle.

It should be a great PRS trigger, absolutely.  Anything else, I wouldn't go near it. 

That's just my opinion.  Clearly there are others who would disagree.  There's so much personal preference in everything for shooting, there is no one right/best anything for everyone.  Shot my match today, and my Timney felt great.  I think I might be keeping it now.

It should be a great PRS trigger, absolutely.  Anything else, I wouldn't go near it. 

That's just my opinion.  Clearly there are others who would disagree.  There's so much personal preference in everything for shooting, there is no one right/best anything for everyone.  Shot my match today, and my Timney felt great.  I think I might be keeping it now.
Definitely a preference thing. I was worried about the weak reset when I initially tried it, but got over it pretty quickly.

I still prefer the ECL in my PCC mainly due to reliability concerns with that platform specifically. When shooting PCC stuff, I actually like the rolling feeling the Hiperfire gives as well since precision isn't an issue. My splits aren't faster, but they're easier to get if that makes any sense. However I was never thrilled with it for anything other than bay stuff in my 3-gun rifle.

With the Diamond, the tighter shots I see in 3-gun become an exercise in stability and sight picture with trigger press no longer being something I have to concentrate on. I can also shoot it as quickly as the Hiperfire, I just have to be more deliberate and can't mindlessly ride the trigger. Seems like a good trade-off to for the types of stages I see.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Rainydays analysis is spot on. To get used to shooting the diamond fast I stuck my .22 lr upper on a few times and hosed through a few bricks. If there's no long range at the matches you attend there are easier triggers, like the eclipse, Which I also moved to my PCC. With long range mixed in, though, the diamond really shines. Just takes some practice to get used to for bay stages.