Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
1911vm

SAO vs DA SA

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, himurax13 said:

If you fit a type 3 disco and remove the wing, you can eliminate the pre travel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
 

 

That's pretty overrated. I have a Pre B disco and it's so close to the T3 I fit I wouldn't even bother. I took out the CGW race hammer and fit T3 and went back to the CZUB factory race hammer and Pre B disco. If you're not practicing prep'ing the trigger in dryfire you're wrong anyway so an extra 1/16" or 1/32" of pretravel is meaningless. The reset on my S1 SAO is shorter than my TSO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be over rated but in the current arms race most folks want 2011 level performance in their guns. People don't need 2 lb triggers but that seems to be the norm nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, himurax13 said:

 

If you fit a type 3 disco and remove the wing, you can eliminate the pre travel if you were to go SAO. Otherwise just leave the wing on.

 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

I'm just sticking with the Type 1 disco, it's a very short bit of takeup (which I prefer over no-takeup), and it's what I have on my regular Shadow 1 and am used to.  The consistency between the two guns helps me, even though they are for different 'disciplines', if you will.

Edited by MoRivera

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't need a  1.5-2 lb trigger.  3 will work . What I want is a shot crisp reset and release.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't need a  1.5-2 lb trigger.  3 will work . What I want is a shot crisp reset and release.  

 

All of my production and limited CZ's have that. The 2 lb trigger is a by product.

 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can take a Tanfo extra weight sear spring and bend it to fit the CZ.  Increased the SA on my former TSO by 1lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MoRivera said:

I run this gun SAO, even though it is technically DA/SA.  The reason I switched back to this from a SAO trigger is as Himurax points out, the trigger reach....a la, I'm so used to the SA trigger of my regular SA/SA Shadow i use for Production in USPSA, I decided to keep it the same for this gun, which I shoot in limited or with an optic for steel/plates.

 

image.png.2c52b73b322a174e607f2e0d926e2734.png

 

What I like about this trigger ('Old Style' 85C trigger with overtravel screw) is that it doesn't break too far back against the rear 'wall'.  Where you see it here is essentially where it breaks with just a bit of takeup.  And I also generally prefer curved triggers over straight ones.

that *thumb rest [generic]* is not production legal is it?  I bought a type 3 disco almost a year ago and never put it in. just didn't seem to be a mod that would

be a game changer for me. I use an M&P 9l with the apex forward set flat faced trigger for steel. that trigger has zero take up and I 

thought my S2 trigger needed that , but ...............that feeling passed :)

Edited by kmanick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kmanick said:

that *thumb rest [generic]* is not production legal is it?  I bought a type 3 disco almost a year ago and never put it in. just didn't seem to be a mod that would

be a game changer for me. I use an M&P 9l with the apex forward set flat faced trigger for steel. that trigger has zero take up and I 

thought my S2 trigger needed that , but ...............that feeling passed :)

Oh no, I use this gun for steel shooting and Limited, since it's actually a .40 S&W upper that I bought from Himurax and can do both .40 and 9.  I have a regular Shadow 1 that I use for Production....also eye-ing a Bull Shadow. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1911vm said:

I don't need a  1.5-2 lb trigger.  3 will work . What I want is a shot crisp reset and release.  

 

The factory race hammer, CGW sear, and 16lb mainspring will get you there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
The factory race hammer, CGW sear, and 16lb mainspring will get you there. 
The trigger bar spring determines how "strong" the reset is.

A stiffer hammer spring makes little difference in the SA pull. The Hammer hooks and sear face plays the bigger role.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, himurax13 said:

The trigger bar spring determines how "strong" the reset is.

A stiffer hammer spring makes little difference in the SA pull. The Hammer hooks and sear face plays the bigger role.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
 

 

I'm aware. The stock Shadow TRS isn't weak. If the guy wants a crisp trigger a heavy mainspring helps while a lighter mainspring hurts. The reset is pretty good as is. I assume OP doesn't want to cut hammer hooks or angle the sear which is why I suggested the CGW sear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The order has been placed.  Will be posting pictures of my SAO soon enough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice "crisp" trigger pull always feels like a lighter trigger pull.  I can remember looking at my trigger pull ga. and thinking, "No way.  Just no way it's really 3 lbs."  It was 3 lbs. on the 2nd trigger pull.  Again, I just struggled to believe it.  It was 3 lbs. on the 3rd and 4th trigger pulls, too.  These were CZ's with the SA/DA set up intact with CZUSA spur hammers and the factory sear on one and CGW adjustable sear on the other.  MY XD .45, with PRP trigger kit parts dropped from a nasty, gritty, ugly 6.5 lbs. down to a nice crisp 4.5 lbs. and again, the trigger ga. was required to convince me that it wasn't much lighter than that.

 

Crisp is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, I like the SAO because I also use a Kadet upper.  In SAO I have a crisp 3# pull with a 19 lb main spring.  The heavy mainspring allows the Kadet to be completely  reliable.  No need to use Fed primers in center fire.  The CZ SA trigger for small hands brings the trigger to the rear like the curved DA trigger.

 

IMG_0871.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jrabs said:

For me, I like the SAO because I also use a Kadet upper.  In SAO I have a crisp 3# pull with a 19 lb main spring.  The heavy mainspring allows the Kadet to be completely  reliable.  No need to use Fed primers in center fire.  The CZ SA trigger for small hands brings the trigger to the rear like the curved DA trigger.

 

IMG_0871.jpg

 

I have that trigger as well, but I don't quite like the shape/contour of it like the Original 85C.  If they made a SAO trigger like the 'target' model with a normal curve, but with that shorter reach I'd be all over it.  Of course, one could mod a DA/SA trigger not to reset in DA with an internal screw, but didn't want to bother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, M1A4ME said:

A nice "crisp" trigger pull always feels like a lighter trigger pull.  I can remember looking at my trigger pull ga. and thinking, "No way.  Just no way it's really 3 lbs."  It was 3 lbs. on the 2nd trigger pull.  Again, I just struggled to believe it.  It was 3 lbs. on the 3rd and 4th trigger pulls, too.  These were CZ's with the SA/DA set up intact with CZUSA spur hammers and the factory sear on one and CGW adjustable sear on the other.  MY XD .45, with PRP trigger kit parts dropped from a nasty, gritty, ugly 6.5 lbs. down to a nice crisp 4.5 lbs. and again, the trigger ga. was required to convince me that it wasn't much lighter than that.

 

Crisp is nice.

 

The setup I described above is well below 3lb...more like 1.5lb. It's pretty sharp though and enough take up to prevent ND's. It's actually harder to tune a shadow up to 3lbs because the race parts are good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I ran my new SAO sp01 shadow  a outlaw 3 gun last Saturday. literally out of the box to the match. no oil nothing .  it shot amazing the zero was dead nuts. we shot it after the match and even the guys that do not shoot CZs at all were ringing 100 yard 12in plate , one guy tried the 250 but only he saw it hit ( even thou were all looking LOL). I asked for a 2.5lb triger but it is so smooth it felt much less.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...