Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nitro Fin now Production and CO legal

LeeIndy

GoGas doesn't YET

Nitro Fin 

Make them for 2011, 1911, and Tanfo's

Don't know if Tanfo will fit but Nitro Fin is much larger and probably won't fit CO holsters

GoGas is supposed to fit in holsters

FWIW

Red Hill Tactical makes holsters with a cutout for the Nitrofin.   Somewhere over in the Tanfo thread there is a post from a while back about how to mod a kydex holster to fit a Nitrofin as well.

Doesn't help much if Nitrofin doesn't make a product for CZ but, I would bet one will come out now that this is production legal.

Just out of curiosity,  why would you want to use a Nitrofin for a TSO when several manufacturers make thumb tests that bolt directly to your frame. 

Since a TSO is neither Production or CO legal there is really no reason not to use a frame mounted thumb rest.

The Nitrofin doesn't lock back on the last round, a frame mounted rest will lock back. 

The Nitrofin is about $120. You can get a IPSC Alex or several other types for about half that cost.

As for a holster, I have seen several people that use red hill Tactical holsters with a thumb rest.  I am unsure if they modded them, or they have an option to order it cut for the thumbrest though.

Edited by billthemarine2862

1 hour ago, billthemarine2862 said:

Just out of curiosity,  why would you want to use a Nitrofin for a TSO when several manufacturers make thumb tests that bolt directly to your frame. 

Bolting a thumb rest to the frame isn't an option for Prod or CO with the current rule set, it would need to be an OEM replacement part (like a slide stop or take down lever).  I am assuming that with the thumb rest it will still have to fit the 1.625 in. depth dimension of the box to be legal. I don't think a pistol with nitrofin will make that. 

13 minutes ago, bwikel said:

Bolting a thumb rest to the frame isn't an option for Prod or CO with the current rule set, it would need to be an OEM replacement part (like a slide stop or take down lever).  I am assuming that with the thumb rest it will still have to fit the 1.625 in. depth dimension of the box to be legal. I don't think a pistol with nitrofin will make that. 

He was asking about a Nitrofin for a TSO.  The TSO is already not allowed in production or CO.

I do agree that the Nitrofin may not fit in the box,  although it is about the same width as an extended safety on a Tanfo, so if using a single sided safety it may fit.  

Edited by billthemarine2862

8 minutes ago, billthemarine2862 said:

He was asking about a Nitrofin for a TSO.  The TSO is already not allowed in production or CO. 

Yeah I missed that part I thinking Prod legal CZ's. 

1 hour ago, LeeIndy said:

The ruling is ridiculous. I would rather have a slide racker but thats illegal 

Until someone makes a rear sight with a slide racker built in, then by the same logic that allows the Nitro Fin it would be legal 🙃

9 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

Since a TSO is neither Production or CO legal there is really no reason not to use a frame mounted thumb rest.

The Nitrofin doesn't lock back on the last round, a frame mounted rest will lock back. 

The Nitrofin is about $120. You can get a IPSC Alex or several other types for about half that cost.

As for a holster, I have seen several people that use red hill Tactical holsters with a thumb rest.  I am unsure if they modded them, or they have an option to order it cut for the thumbrest though.

The reason to use a nitro fin is if you like the thumb position better than a frame mounted thumbrest. 

1 hour ago, Kraj said:

So it's only going to be legal in production then. It doesn't have that last part. 

That's slide rackers in CO. I dont see much need for one in production but it could be interpreted to allow apparently since it's all a joke anyway

54 minutes ago, Balakay said:

The reason to use a nitro fin is if you like the thumb position better than a frame mounted thumbrest. 

I need one for each thumb so I can make GM.