Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
apetrulis01

Does Wilson EDC use Walther mags?

Thought I read somewhere that the Wson EDC uses Walther PPQ mags, anyone know for sure?

Adam

I have a friend that owns one.  He told me it does use the Walther PPQ mags.  The EDC is a very nice pistol!

From an article by Massad Ayoob for the magazine American Handgunner:

The EDC magazine bodies are from the Walther PPQ pistol, with Wilson Combat butt plates. Interestingly, my own PPQ magazines would not lock into the Wilson pistol, even when I swapped floorplates. The cut for the mag release button apparently has to be slightly different. Bill Wilson told me, “I picked the PPQ mag because, number one, it’s proven reliable, and number two, it’s the shortest 15-round 9mm magazine available. Starting out designing a new gun around a proven mag is a lot easier than trying to design a new gun and a new mag at the same time.”

1 hour ago, Kixx said:

From an article by Massad Ayoob for the magazine American Handgunner:

The EDC magazine bodies are from the Walther PPQ pistol, with Wilson Combat butt plates. Interestingly, my own PPQ magazines would not lock into the Wilson pistol, even when I swapped floorplates. The cut for the mag release button apparently has to be slightly different. Bill Wilson told me, “I picked the PPQ mag because, number one, it’s proven reliable, and number two, it’s the shortest 15-round 9mm magazine available. Starting out designing a new gun around a proven mag is a lot easier than trying to design a new gun and a new mag at the same time.”

do you know EDC use PPQ m1 or m2 mags? thanks

It does NOT use any PPQ mags.  It uses a "PPQ Style" mag made for the EDC-X9 by Mecgar who also make the PPQ mags.

They are not interchangeable (unless you want to take a dremel tool to them).

I got to shoot one last year, It belonged to a shooter who worked for WC.  As the stated above, the PPQ mag was used as the basis of the EDC magazine, but they are not interchangeable.  Nonetheless, it seems to me that it was good thinking by Bill Wilson... a solid mag, reliable and size efficient.