Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New VICE holster

Superpipe9

Just got a new holster from gx-products and this thing is really awesome. The holster is by far the best one I’ve ever seen. Super clean double layer that is really tough and rigid. The anodized washers stand out and look really good. The best part is the VICE lever. With it in the down position (unlocked) the gun comes out with ease since I have it set with no retention at all but the gun does not move or wiggle since it’s made with such precision. With the switch in the up position (locked) it does just that, completely locks the gun in the holster. You can run and jump while doing your walk through and it will not come out or move and when it’s time to shoot just switch it to the unlocked position and you have zero retention and are ready to go! 

https://gxproductsusa.com/

A46088A7-19B2-4899-B72F-1EF4ADBF041B.jpeg

CF09A225-E351-4C99-83AF-5F874B6B3EDA.jpeg

6206AC13-2E58-43DB-AC39-C01B4906EFFE.jpeg

8A1F46B1-0D73-4075-B6CD-95B02A00AF78.jpeg

Don’t have one myself, but a bunch of friends of mine have them and they’re fantastic! Retention mechanism is completely unique and the fit and finish is hands down better than any other kydex holster I’ve ever seen. I’m seriously thinking about upgrading from my RHT at some point soon. 

1 hour ago, DKorn said:

Don’t have one myself, but a bunch of friends of mine have them and they’re fantastic! Retention mechanism is completely unique and the fit and finish is hands down better than any other kydex holster I’ve ever seen. I’m seriously thinking about upgrading from my RHT at some point soon. 

I have been really impressed with the quality of the holster it is definitely hands down the nicest one I’ve seen before and the quick retention lever works perfectly. Really a genius idea. 

12 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Just got a new holster from gx-products and this thing is really awesome. The holster is by far the best one I’ve ever seen. Super clean double layer that is really tough and rigid. The anodized washers stand out and look really good. The best part is the VICE lever. With it in the down position (unlocked) the gun comes out with ease since I have it set with no retention at all but the gun does not move or wiggle since it’s made with such precision. With the switch in the up position (locked) it does just that, completely locks the gun in the holster. You can run and jump while doing your walk through and it will not come out or move and when it’s time to shoot just switch it to the unlocked position and you have zero retention and are ready to go! 

https://gxproductsusa.com/

A46088A7-19B2-4899-B72F-1EF4ADBF041B.jpeg

CF09A225-E351-4C99-83AF-5F874B6B3EDA.jpeg

6206AC13-2E58-43DB-AC39-C01B4906EFFE.jpeg

8A1F46B1-0D73-4075-B6CD-95B02A00AF78.jpeg

I just ordered one too, can’t wait to get it! By the way...what basepad is that on your CZ? I’m switching to CO and a P10F and CZ custom is out of their extended flushfit basepads. Is that what you’ve got in that pic? If yes, how many rounds will it hold and what Spring/follower combo?

Is the VICE lever, in the locked position, viewed in your 2nd photo ?

That seems like a position that could get in the way when carrying it, if that's what's pictured.   ???

Or, is the lever all the way UP and out of the way ?

And, is that $95 for the holster and another $55 for an attachment to the holster ?   ($150?) 

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Is the VICE lever, in the locked position, viewed in your 2nd photo ?

That seems like a position that could get in the way when carrying it, if that's what's pictured.   ???

Or, is the lever all the way UP and out of the way ?

And, is that $95 for the holster and another $55 for an attachment to the holster ?   ($150?) 

It’s locked when it’s all the way up and unlocked when all the way down. I was just showing the lever and washer under it in the picture. The VICE holster is $95 and I thought the same thing until I got it in my hand. It is really the best one out there and it’s definitely worth it. Very impressed with this holster

2 hours ago, cheers623 said:

I just ordered one too, can’t wait to get it! By the way...what basepad is that on your CZ? I’m switching to CO and a P10F and CZ custom is out of their extended flushfit basepads. Is that what you’ve got in that pic? If yes, how many rounds will it hold and what Spring/follower combo?

It’s a CZC basepad for the p-09/p-10 and I am using the stock spring and follower and I get 22 rounds reloadable 

@Hi-Power Jack IMO this is primarily a 3-gun holster where you need to sprint into the next bay over, or go probe, with both hands on a rifle. With a holstered handgun.

I keep my USPSA holster tighter than most. I can run 10yds without my hand on the gun with no problem, for reference. I only loosen it up for classifier stages - when I remember.

But I would totally want a locking holster of some type for that other sport.

Met the young man who makes those at the battle in the bluegrass this year.

He had some with him, really the best of the best , no loose rocking horse stuff like the other double layer holsters I've

tried and sold.

He also makes them with out the lock (vise) and they are obviously lower in price.

Pretty sure he said he had a FB page with his stuff on it.

I haven't bought one, cause I got holsters for everything but when I buy a new toy his will be what I order. FWIW

it doesn't look like it would be as quick as the various thumb-activated release holsters commonly used in 3gun, any input on that?  also not sure if a sling might get caught up in that lever?

seems to me like it's an open-like holster for production etc divisions.  locked it ain't coming out, unlocked there is zero friction?

In my opinion this could definitely be used for 3 gun with some practice but this thing really is great for Uspsa as well especially if you like to walk your stage plans at full speed like I do. You simply lock the holster and there is nothing to worry about. When it’s time to shoot unlock it and it is the fastest, smoothest drawing  out holster there. Also with tension knobs you might not always get them to the same tension settings every time where as this is always going to be the same.  

To me this is more for USPSA for people that don’t run a lockable race style holster than it is for 3 gun. For 3 gun i’d rather have a thumb release holster that is easier to quickly draw from. To me this looks ideal for ROing and full speed walkthroughs of stages with zero worry about the gun falling out. I like to run my current holster with the thumb screws fairly loose, and flipping the lever on this holster seems easier, quicker, and more consistent than tightening the thumb screws between stages and loosening them at make ready. 

His prices are are a bit higher than other double layer kydex holsters currently on the market, but I think his fit and finish is significantly better than what I currently use - I would’ve paid the extra $20ish over what I currently use even for his regular holster without the lever, if he had been making holsters back when I bought mine. 

6 hours ago, Brian04rs said:

Many thank you’s for bringing this to my attention looks like a great design👍🏻 Is the mounting pattern on it standard bladetech pattern?

Mine is and bolted right up to the boss hanger but you can probably have it set up for different patterns like a safariland QLS if you wanted

I am absolutely thinking about it, but it comes with a lot of variables which makes it hard to have just a few models that work for every combination of frame/slide/comp/optic mount/thumb rest...

Tell me what your wants are in an open gun holster and I will start working on designs!

Edited by lkunkel38

To be honest, you're right, there a a ton of variables.  I don't think there's really a way to capture them all without doing one off specials in a case by case or gun by gun basis.  I mean you could have two of the same gun with different thumb rests, which presents a problem.  Or different comps...

That's why I asked.  I do think if you're willing to do custom jobs, there's a decent market for Open 3 Gun holsters.