Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Kraj

Gas petal in production

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I mean. Still can't have a magwell(for now).  

unless the magwell is built in by beveling the insides, like it is on many race-only expensive 'production guns'.

8 hours ago, B_RAD said:

What about a barrel that had extra material on the end.

 

sure, like the australian barrel on the race-only expensive 'production' cz shadow oz models?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

unless the magwell is built in by beveling the insides, like it is on many race-only expensive 'production guns'.

 

sure, like the australian barrel on the race-only expensive 'production' cz shadow oz models?

Ha ha. 

 

You talking about that awesome beveling that comes from the factory on that stock 2? 

 

That .3" on the end of that Aus barrel is not what I was getting at. I was talking about sight block/comp style. 

 

You think that a custom Shadow gives one shooter an advantage over someone shooting a XD or something similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

You think that a custom Shadow gives one shooter an advantage over someone shooting a XD or something similar?

 

we could argue that til the cows come home. I think most normal humans would way *rather* shoot a custom shadow than an XD. I don't know if there's a good reason for that or not.

 

At any rate, I'm just arguing to argue, I don't really care about production anymore. The existing rules annoyed me enough that I bailed for singlestack (similar practical carry-gun focus, but less retarded fear of doing normal mods or customization). Then I decided to actually learn how to shoot and moved to limited. I'll probably never shoot production again as long as I live, so my opinion on the subject should be completely disregarded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, HoMiE said:

Genie Left the bottle, cats out of the bag, production might as well be Lim10 minor for sure. 

 

Most truth I’ve read on Enos in a while. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I totally understand the posters angst about rule migration (changes), because I have been in same mood myself many times over the 25 years I have been shooting the sport.

I was upset when they changed the PF from 175 to 165 because I had tuned my gun and loads to that. I didnt like it when they approved turtle targets as I had spent a lot of time tuning my gun to track absolutely up and down. However, I think overall USPSA has done a great job and has changed rules so as to be more inclusive to more shooters and to allow modest innovation during the process. The idea is to push the limits of what practical becomes tactical. For example, how radical was the first red dot that is now on many defensive, LEO, and military shooters. Many common pistol features today started out in USPSA. Ours is not a static sport, it changes and should allow improvement .Otherwise we would all be shooting 1911 Single Stack .45 and there would be  fewer competitors. 

Edited by NoJams38
grammar error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that there has always been and will continue to be "ringer" pistols to use, but adding non-factory modifications only existent on some pistols will only further exacerbate the problem.

 

And in this case specifically, it disadvantages left handed shooters almost exclusively, because takedown levers are never on the right side. Will they expand production rules to allow right sided extensions? Probably not. So why include it in the first place? Keep production "PRODUCTION".

 

/rant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, be032 said:

I understand that there has always been and will continue to be "ringer" pistols to use, but adding non-factory modifications only existent on some pistols will only further exacerbate the problem.

 

And in this case specifically, it disadvantages left handed shooters almost exclusively, because takedown levers are never on the right side. Will they expand production rules to allow right sided extensions? Probably not. So why include it in the first place? Keep production "PRODUCTION".

 

 

I don't think it disadvantages anyone except the people who think a thumbrest will help their shooting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why can't the grip panels be extended down to create a magwell? Its just grips. And if it fits the box...!?

 

Leave the frame as is and make the grip so it creates a funnel... Still the OEM magwell, but grip panels are just "extended for large hands".

 

Boom, precedent has been set, there should be zero reason in USPSA why this is not legal. It fits the box and whats more simple than aftermarket grips! Surely a minor part or accessory..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ringram said:

So why can't the grip panels be extended down to create a magwell? Its just grips. And if it fits the box...!?

 

Leave the frame as is and make the grip so it creates a funnel... Still the OEM magwell, but grip panels are just "extended for large hands".

 

Boom, precedent has been set, there should be zero reason in USPSA why this is not legal. It fits the box and whats more simple than aftermarket grips! Surely a minor part or accessory..

 

 

The production rules specifically say this modification is illegal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Timido said:

The production rules specifically say this modification is illegal.  

But allow someting like an after market *thumb rest [generic]*!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the grey area of the rule is that aftermarket replacement parts are being allowed. If replacement gas pedals are legal get one or not.  I think it takes away from the production side of it myself.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Timido said:

The production rules specifically say this modification is illegal.  

For now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MikeBurgess said:

just make a slide stop that is a combination thumb rest/ magwell 

 

winner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All good comments about what "should" be in production. My take is that production was started to get more shooters interested in competition, and it is mostly about a gun you can actually carry and use for self defense as well as compete with.  Basically so you can practice in competition with EDC. Race Guns are not suitable for carry. IMHO if its good enough for everyday carry, then within reason, let all the innovators take a "shot" at improving it. Time will tell what works and what doesn't. Equipment makes some difference but it's still the skill and dedication of the competitor that makes the major difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

Looks like replacement pins to me.. What do you guys think?

 

https://www.tecperformance.com/product/glock-thumb-grip/

 

Joking- kind of 

 

actually, I agree.  I have zero authority, but if the slide stop rest is legal, i would say this should be too.  Although, you might have to weld the rest to the pin for full compliance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DKorn said:

 

If it was all one piece, maybe. Since it isn’t, I would call that a replacement pin and a separate thumb rest and therefore not allowed. 

It looks to me from the instructions that it has one pin "made" to it and another pin that locks it all up. Who knows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a single stack shooter. I recently bought a CZ Tactical Sport with a thumbrest. I've only shot it a couple of times and the thumbrest feels good. Do people get thumbrests just because they are allowed and shooters look for any advantage, even if it's very little, or do shooters find a recognizable improvement with the rests? Shooting a classifier match tomorrow. I really need to get some practice in with this new gun though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has a CZ Shadow ever won Nationals?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rocket99 said:

Has a CZ Shadow ever won Nationals?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they don't have thumbs, so guns don't win anything. Usually a dude wins nationals. The dude who has been winning lately chooses to shoot a different brand of race-only wonder-gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MHicks said:

I have been a single stack shooter. I recently bought a CZ Tactical Sport with a thumbrest. I've only shot it a couple of times and the thumbrest feels good. Do people get thumbrests just because they are allowed and shooters look for any advantage, even if it's very little, or do shooters find a recognizable improvement with the rests? Shooting a classifier match tomorrow. I really need to get some practice in with this new gun though.

 

I know of zero good limited shooters who use thumbrests. I see lots of C and B shooters using them. Draw your own conclusions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DKorn said:

 

If it was all one piece, maybe. Since it isn’t, I would call that a replacement pin and a separate thumb rest and therefore not allowed. 

And this is why the rules for production have become so absurd. Again glock shooters can’t do something but if you have a sig or CZ, you can run a thumb rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...