Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Zoomie517

New Shooters ! Beware of those bearing loaners !

On 5/29/2019 at 12:31 PM, GOF said:

I realize that was a "tongue in cheek" post. But it does illustrate one of the many benefits to competitive shooting.... ya get to play with a lot of stuff for free... and ya might get to find something you like better than what ya brung. Happens all the time.

That is the problem - it is never  "free" 

This is the reason I just spent 2 grand on a PCC set up I never even knew I wanted or needed.

I had been living in blissful ignorance, but then those horrible word - " hey you wanna try this ? "

Sigh

Even worse yet is to have good friends who own all sorts of cool stuff and then try not to buy more. My list of wants is too long these days compared to my list of dollars....

Love this forum… and thanks guys for sharing! We're all "addict's" here. I too got hooked at a match with a loaner... A couple years ago, I thought I was doing great with my finely tuned XdM [until it broke down] and a great friend and semi pro handed me his mega buck 2011. OMG ! instantly I had an understanding about why all my shooting buddies were asking why I didn't have a 1911 or 2011... I put everything up for sale the next day on a quest for my first STI ! 

It's fun learning what you don't know, or didn't think you needed to.... We're all competitors, whether it's to be our personal best or reach the top of the leader board. I know guy's that bowl who have special balls for certain events, and golfers... they are worse than us; buying a club a weak... We've all got our reasons for acquiring another popper, a least we are acquiring valuable skills while having fun ! (can't imagine taking out an intruder with a bowler or a putter).😉