Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Help

Sarge

Trying to go paperless but have one hurdle to get over before approval. Need to figure out how to get PS to email receipts for each stage to shooters. Apparently this was done at Nationals? If you are a PS guru please share.

Thanks

Kevin

contact Practiscore and ask about remote score logs. I am not knowledgeable about the innards of this since I believe that it works only with the iOS version. I do know you will need continuous WiFi coverage on your range and some sort of master with an internet connection to send the email. I am not clear on whether or not there is a separate app to distribute the emails. Android has score logging but I believe that it only works on the local device.

• 3 months later...

Our section was looking at the printers as well for our L2 matches. They don’t require internet which can be very spotty at best at our range. Area 1 used them and they were very convenient. No squad sheets to fill out every stage which was a nice change. The cost of them isn’t horrible either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were never able to clear the last hurdle of printing or emailing receipt. The only Bluetooth printers our guy found were pretty expensive when you consider we may only use them one more year.

For those saying cost wasn’t too much could you post a link?

The problem Sarge is running into is that whatever he would use needs to be able to run all day without being plugged in, and needs to be affordable even when he has to purchase 14+ of them. Gonna be tough to come up with anything at a reasonable price point. 

On 9/18/2019 at 7:35 PM, Sarge said:

We were never able to clear the last hurdle of printing or emailing receipt. The only Bluetooth printers our guy found were pretty expensive when you consider we may only use them one more year.

For those saying cost wasn’t too much could you post a link?

What's you definition of "pretty expensive"? The amazon link I have on PractiScore page at https://blog.practiscore.com/printing-stage-receipts/ finds bunch of printers at around $30 price tag. We've been using similar ones for last several years at all our L3s.

42 minutes ago, euxx said:

What's you definition of "pretty expensive"? The amazon link I have on PractiScore page at https://blog.practiscore.com/printing-stage-receipts/ finds bunch of printers at around $30 price tag. We've been using similar ones for last several years at all our L3s.

I guess my stats guys were not digging that deep. I was told around $200ish. 

So to answer your question, $30 is cheap and $200 is pretty expensive