Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any offshore fishermen?

So, I'm upgrading the GPS/FISHFINDER/GPS/CHARTPLOTTER on my boat and thinking about this unit.

https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/682574/garmin-echomap-plus-94sv-w--gt51m-tm-transducer.html?catalogitemid=613443

Does anyone have any experience with it? Or, what GPS/FISHFINDER/GPS/CHARTPLOTTER do you have that works great? 

Ive got the 93 SV plus on my bass boat,,,
Meh,,,, I had a $99 Lowrance 20 years ago that seemed to tell me just as much... I quit fishing in 2000 and just bought a new boat, so trying to learn all this new mumbo jumbo,,,, and failing miserably... Pulled out my tackle and lures I got 40 years ago and now seem to catch fish.
I want to add Livescope to the trolling motor, but from what I have been reading, Lowrance has it or will have it soon. Lowrance seeems to be much more popular these days,,, not to many Garmin users..
I guess I could be like Rowdy and assume if the cool kids arnt using Garmins they must not be any good
I mean mine work fine, I have a dash and front unit networked, a jackplate mounted transducer and a thru hull I can switch between. The thru hull works up to about 50 mph.
Side view is worthless, images are a confusing mess.
Navigation is cool,, but otherwise the fish finding sonar part of it isnt any better than I had 20 years ago,

Thanks! Been studying all kinds. Had a Garmin before, 20 years ago, and it was OK. Had an older Lowrance on the boat I have now, very dated, 5" screen. The screen went out (it's 20 years old as well). Thinking that I'm gonna go with a SIMRAD GO9 XSE. I like the charts on the Lowrance systems, and SIMRAD can use any of them (Navionics, C-Map, etc.). So many different options anymore.