Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LEs Baer .40 or 9mm?

ricardo28

Absolutely love my .45 but have access to much more factory 9mm and .40. Pushing hard in USPSA I would like to get another Baer but can’t decide which caliber. Again, would be using factory ammo. 

Absolutely love my .45 but have access to much more factory 9mm and .40. Pushing hard in USPSA I would like to get another Baer but can’t decide which caliber. Again, would be using factory ammo. 
40! you can compete in major or minor depending on the match

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

40! you can compete in major or minor depending on the match

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking but wasn’t sure if people had them in hand yet to review. Don’t mind having a 9 just as a trainer gun but leaning to 40

21 hours ago, ricardo28 said:

....wasn’t sure if people had them in hand yet to review.

Not sure what you mean by this. A Les Baer 40 was sold on these forums last year. I remember because I was sorely tempted to buy it.

22 hours ago, belus said:

Not sure what you mean by this. A Les Baer 40 was sold on these forums last year. I remember because I was sorely tempted to buy it.

I only know he made the HC40 (caspian wide frame) but was unaware he ever had a single stack in .40, I even called them a few years ago, after 2012, and was told they did not and even stopped making the HC40. I haven’t seen reviews on it either.

9 , because Crazy John usually has them in Stock at 1911 heaven for a fair price and life is too short to wait 12 months for any gun or pay full retail. 

LB seems to have installed a 45 slide release in my 9mm gun which would wedge against mags one time out of 10 and make you crazy. After I put a 9mm slide release in it the gun is fine. 

Said ammo was the issue. Didn’t get specific but reading up it appears 9mm is longer than .40 for factory ammo which gives it better feeding. I did say I would only be only using factory. I know many who use a 1911 in .40, reload and always load long. 

Edited by ricardo28