Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G19 Gen 4 Carry optics

bishop414

Playing around in CO with G19 Gen 4.  Looking for advice on guide rods and recoil springs.  Stock spring pack needs to go, what all do you recommend?  Do I need slightly higher spring rate since optic is on the slide compared to irons gun?

Shooting 124 gr over 4.6 WSF at 127 PF.  Will kick that up a little for chrono matches.

Typically people go lower spring rates than factory, especially on mouse fart loads.

Edit im an idiot. I had it stuck in my head that 130 was min.

Edited by nick779

14 minutes ago, nick779 said:

Thats always nice. Openly admitting you cheat PF in level 1 matches.

Typically people go lower spring rates than factory, especially on mouse fart loads.

127 > 125 so he’s not cheating PF. 

As to the original question, my 19 gen 4 with a 13# recoil spring and factory striker spring doesn’t reliably lock up, needing either a 15# recoil spring and/or lighter striker spring. ISMI guide rod and 13#/15# springs, Wolff 4.5# striker spring, Zev gen 3 to gen 4 adapter for the guide rod are all good to go IME. If the slide has been milled for the optic it’s likely the same weight or maybe even lighter with the optic than it was from the factory because the optic pocket often removes more than the weight of the optic. I’m not sure if that holds true with MOS guns though. 

And yeah a 127 PF is legal!  WTFlip?  Closer to the minimum than I would want just due to slight changes from heat/area variances but the OP is not cheating by any means.  Also OP you actually may find you like it to be around a 130-132pf. 

Howdy, I'm running the Glockstore tungsten guide rod setup which comes with the factory springs, plus the Zev 4# striker spring. I've had no issues at all, but I'm also shooting Federal Syntech, which is awesome.