Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
gunner40sw

adj comb or not

I am buying a browning 725 citori sporting high rib and I cant decide if I should get the adj comb. I looked at one at the NRA meeting and it had the comb at it was raised a little bit.  The comb semed to high so I just looked at one and the comb was all the way down and it was a better fit.  I also will be adding some brand of an adjustable butt pad and I dont want a big deal to fit it if the comb hardware is in the way.

So I am afraid if I dont get the adj comb I may regret it.  Any suggestions

Posted (edited)

Get the adjustable comb. You will probably want it sooner than later. 

I bought my citori with the plain stock. As I got better, I sent the stock off to Graco to have an adjustable butt pad and comb added. It wasn’t cheap, but it was money well spent to get the gun to hit where I look. 

ETA:  my comb is raised about 1/4”. Not much but it makes a huge difference on the scorecard. 

Edited by practical_man

If you might shoot Trap with it, get the adj comb 

Stand at a 40-yard patterning board. From a low gun start, mount the gun quickly and trigger the shot as soon as the bead hits the target.  Do that 5 times. Then look at the pattern center. If it's not where you want it to , or inconsistent, you may want an adjustable comb to get your eye and the bead and the POI adjusted properly.

If the pattern center is consistent, and right where you want it, your gun is GTO, and you can save the money for shells.

The factory adjustable comb sucks. The hardware sucks, and the cut sucks.

You'll be much happier getting a non adjustable comb stock, then having someone add an aftermarket adjustable comb to it.

On 6/2/2019 at 1:59 AM, ysrracer said:

The factory adjustable comb sucks. The hardware sucks, and the cut sucks.

You'll be much happier getting a non adjustable comb stock, then having someone add an aftermarket adjustable comb to it.

You have an excellent point.

Hard to beat this man's work:    https://tronspace.com/

14 hours ago, JD45 said:

You have an excellent point.

Hard to beat this man's work:    https://tronspace.com/

I will second that. He did the stock on my Citori and it came out incredibly nice.