Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glasses with flat temples

broadside72

Big head here and when I wear muffs they squeeze fairly hard and after a few stages all the glasses i have tried start to hurt around my ears because the temples on the glasses are not flat. 

Any recommendations for wide face and flat temple shooting glasses? I have not found this discussed here yet and the glasses mfg websites have terrible photos so I can't really tell how flat they are. 

Moved to a nice pair of ear buds and haven’t looked back! 

I use molded plugs when I'm only shooting. But when I RO I prefer electronic ear muffs so I can hear everything and have better protection since I'm not always directly behind the shooter

I've tried unpaired electronic Walker's but didn't like them. Plus battery life sucked

Just now, broadside72 said:
3 minutes ago, FatPanda said:
Moved to a nice pair of ear buds and haven’t looked back! 

I use molded plugs when I'm only shooting. But when I RO I prefer electronic ear muffs so I can hear everything and have better protection since I'm not always directly behind the shooter

Have you looked into the electronic buds? The TEP 100s suck but I hear there are others that aren’t too pricey that do a pretty good job.

Just now, broadside72 said:
2 minutes ago, FatPanda said:
Have you looked into the electronic buds? The TEP 100s suck but I hear there are others that aren’t too pricey that do a pretty good job.

Yeah, edited my previous just before your post

Ahhhhh that’s what I get for being slow! Asians have wide faces too so I feel your pain.

Wiley-X look for a fit that says large.

The lenses scratch easy, I get replacements thru Fuse, the rubber fails after a couple years, but they're light, the ear pieces are thin and snug to the head, and I believe every pair has an actual Z87.1 rating and whatever the Mil spec is. The ones I loved are no longer in the line, I got some Oakleys instead, they're alright, but I probably get some more Wileys.