Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mag fed shotgun

Greetings everyone. Been a long time lurker and have gotten some really good information by just reading and listening. Well I am at a point I want to move forward with a mag feed shotgun for mostly 3 gun. I looked and held all offerings a\I could find and the local gun shows and local gun stores.  So I am not looking to spend a lot, this is just a toy and I am not looking to compete at anything but local events at this moment. I have no issues tweaking and even making my own parts ( I work for a machine shop and have access to about any machine I would need) 

So two models that stand out for just pricing alone are the Lynx and the panzer AR-12

- the lynx:  seems to get good reviews but I am just not an AK guy. Never owned one. I have nothing against them just never owned one. I have shot several though, so I am not totally unfamiliar. It seems there is a good amount of aftermarket that would be usable from Saigas and similar models

- the panzer ( GEN 3 model) I see some reviews and so far they have been positive ( not looking at the pro model only standard ar12) . After breaking in period I see and read they function fine with walmart specials.   Now the standard model is a polymer lower / stock., and I am actually totally fine with that, and truth be told for my needs I do not see a need for the all aluminum . If I was competing in a championship and shooting sever times a week I could justify the pro ( or a typhoon) GEN 3

My question really is about the panzer, even though I have looked and held them ( an I like the feel) I do not see anything on here about them . I am wondering are they just too new, unknown, or just to inexpensive for most people to even look at ?  Is there an big problem I am just not seeing ?

any and all helpful comments appreciated

Regards

Charles

Edited by cstrickland

I don't have any experience with the Panzer but I do have with the Lynx. It's a solid gun for the money. I also have, and tested the Cheetah, a similar and earlier version. Both run about 95% out of the box. One of my sponsors is Carolina Shooters Supply and they carry a lot of aftermarket parts for them. If you have any questions, let me know. Also, If you are interested, PM me and I can hook you up with a discount code.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:08 PM, donno said:

I don't have any experience with the Panzer but I do have with the Lynx. It's a solid gun for the money. I also have, and tested the Cheetah, a similar and earlier version. Both run about 95% out of the box. One of my sponsors is Carolina Shooters Supply and they carry a lot of aftermarket parts for them. If you have any questions, let me know. Also, If you are interested, PM me and I can hook you up with a discount code.

Donno thanks for the information on the Lynx.  I like them but I am not sure I want an AK shotgun. still on the radar and that may be what I end up with. also thank you very much for the offer I will keep that in mind if I go that route.

Edited by cstrickland

12 hours ago, IntenseImage said:

RIA VR80 

again not looking to spend the money ( 600+ish) this is just a toy for me . Two thing rle out the VR80 the cost, and I really did not like the feel of it. I cant see spensding that money on something I am not comfortable with

really the decision and thread are about the panzer or lynx .

thanks

Just now, cstrickland said:

again not looking to spend the money ( 600+ish) this is just a toy for me . Two thing rle out the VR80 the cost, and I really did not like the feel of it. I cant see spensding that money on something I am not comfortable with

really the decision and thread are about the panzer or lynx .

thanks

7 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

^^ seconded

look how amazing this beauty is 

n4PeADR.jpg

yeah again not looking to spend the money on the VR80 and I really did not care for it. It just did not feel right in my hands. not sure why but it just wasnt right

thanks

On 5/28/2019 at 8:41 AM, hump said:

I have a Lynx and it ran great right out of the box. It has been extensively upgraded with parts from Carolina Shooters Supply. 

20181108_203355.jpg

hump thanks for the feedback .  still on the fence about the lynx being an AK . Not sure maybe I can find one to shoot

• 1 year later...

A buddy of mine has a small gun store and has been testing one of these in 3-gun & shotgun matches. So far it has been fairly reliable. Needs hotter plus 1250fps rounds. Got dirty quickly and had some issues with parts coming loose. I think if you don't mind sorting out a few bugs it might be OK for light duty, but not if you are serious.

Couple of other guys we shoot with have them and same type of reliability issue. 

gerritm

7 hours ago, fedupflyer said:

Bumping this thread...

Anyone have any experience with the Citadel Boss 25?

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 10:06 PM, fedupflyer said:

Bumping this thread...

Anyone have any experience with the Citadel Boss 25?

I love mine, but as mentioned, when you first get it home, take the time to locktite everything.

They do really only like 1300+fps velocities initially, but if you'll run a couple hundred rounds of the faster stuff, you can get away with 1250+ and a little slower with no stovepipes from then on.

Unless you reload yourself, there's not a lot of high-velocity store-bought shotshell available with low enough recoil to be a great choice for a competition gun...but it's very reliable and fun as hell.