Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Pouches

Nic_USPSA_C

Ghosts are a good cheap options. DAA Alpha X or the new Limcats if you have $$ to burn. 

Ghosts because they’re cheap. 

DAA due to being metal and adjustable. 

I like the Ghosts for production and the DAA for the adjustments for limited

Edited by FatPanda

I went with the Ghost pouches, but do have one DAA Race Master pouch (the aluminum one) because I wanted to be able to adjust the outward cant of the pouch.

DAA racemasters are really slick and highly adjustable. I mainly shoot 3 gun so I switched over to a kydex set from Weber Tactical. Love them both,  but each has its particular application. 

Ran Ghost’s for two years.

I switched to the plastic DAA Racer pouch and prefer it.

The one place Ghost can’t be beaten is versatility. Without any adjustment, it’ll fit damn near every doublestack magazine you own.

The leaf springs break or pop loose, and the pouches have a fragile body and mounting system. Buy a spare, and keep it’s parts broken down in your trunk if you run them hard.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I like the Ghost design for production, because they can be put so close together and bullets out, but for Limited I love the safariland 771.  I switched to them from CR Speed and the mags seem to be retained better, yet the removal is smoother.  In the end though, they all seem to work well.  But the more features you spend $ on, the more features there are to break or get out of adjustment.  Simple is good if it meets your needs.