Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Squad Lists

Nic_USPSA_C

Shooting last means you are furthest from your 5 min stage walk. Sometimes that is helpful, but others it means I've started gabbing or ROing and lost track of my plan.

Alphabetical by last works, and we can swap it up by going reverse order or starting at the stage number down. Ie you are squad 5 on stage 5 you start 5th shooter from the top. Or some other random number from the top so Aaron doesn't need to shoot first every time.

Edited by ziebart
Added more text

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/27/2019 at 5:26 PM, Nathanb said:

I get up at 5 am put another 45 minutes to the range and then two hours setting up so I can get registration going to see complaints like this before I even taken my gun out of the bag. 🙄

On 5/27/2019 at 7:02 PM, Joe4d said:

yeh, I am with you,, oh boo hoo cry me a river,, Hey LET me shoot first every time,,, I can do pilaties at the starbucks on the way home

I hit the range at 630 set up till 830 then run checking and take money till 900 load all the pads run as the shooters meeting is going on them act as squad RO for my squad.  

On 5/28/2019 at 7:45 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

At locals where there is minimal r.o. help on a squad or a minimal number of people who can run the kindle sometimes I will shoot first every stage and we will keep the same squad order so we can get the work done, I do not see that it effects my score - I still beat the same people and still get beat by the same people. If shooting first is a problem for somebody it is something that needs to be fixed because they are absolutely going to have to shoot first on a stage at upper level matches. I can see why it is a problem for new folks who don't know how to make their stage plan or how to sequence shooting movers and activators, but if you have shot 50 matches or so I do not know why it would make any difference. 

Im doing all the above as everyone is walking stages.  I get my 5 min walk thru and them offer to shoot first when no one wants to.  This also lets me RO most of the rest of the shooters I will offer to shoot first on most stages dose not bother me one bit.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:51 PM, shred said:

At Optics Nats, our squad did alphabetical, but randomly pulled a number for first shooter on the first day.  Seemed to work pretty well.

At a local, drop a 'z' in front of your last name at reg time... ;)

Please dont do that.  If dont catch that before the up load when I pull the file from practiscore and send it to USPSA they will kick it back and I will have to recheck the shooters info.  Its a big enough pain when people just fat finger it I dont need people doing on purpose.