Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Squad Lists

Nic_USPSA_C

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random is garbage if the tablet doesn't travel.

Names are easy, rare to have one ahead of me by first, been a bit of that lately, don't care. 

Member number is probably "fairest" repeatable, if you want to make a suggestion to your squad.

Put it on alphabetical by 1st name every couple matches.  We run ours alphabetical by last name most of the time and it does get old for the guys with A and B for last names.  The clubs that I shoot at generally does the move down the roster for every stage for who starts first.

My friend and I get up at 5 am, leave home around 6, drive 2 hours to the match, check in, gear up, and he is first and I am second ever time we shoot a match and are in the same squad.  

Really need a warm up routine.

Random Sort for sure. 

He shot first last stage, so who followed him?  *crickets*.....anybody know? Bueller? 

Most of the time on a Squad I normally shoot, we always Random Sort. It's like putting everyone's name in a hat and pulling who goes first, second, etc.... 

2 hours ago, Nic_USPSA_C said:

Traveling Pad - is this common?  Seems to be the standard at our local matches.

Yes, the tablet often travels.

And people get used to random.

Then you go to a match where the tablet doesn't travel punch up random and on the second stage there's a brief but annoying cluster before they decide to go by last name, and adjust because often the first or last shooter from the first stage ends up in the very top of the order.

1 hour ago, Beef15 said:

Then you go to a match where the tablet doesn't travel punch up random and on the second stage there's a brief but annoying cluster before they decide to go by last name, and adjust because often the first or last shooter from the first stage ends up in the very top of the order.

This ☝️

Since I always squad with my wife and our first names aren’t that far apart alphabetically it would be nice to have a way to set an order, synch it and carry it through the match so we can brass, video and load and not be right after each other all the time. Any idea if this is possible?

26 minutes ago, Hammer said:

Since I always squad with my wife and our first names aren’t that far apart alphabetically it would be nice to have a way to set an order, synch it and carry it through the match so we can brass, video and load and not be right after each other all the time. Any idea if this is possible?

Just get the squad to agree to random and hope for the best when the tablet randomizes the order.

Really ? is it that dang complicated  or are you that timid ? 
"Are you ready?"
""Nope need to adjust something "
Dang, guess I am just too old and grew up when we had a pair.
"Bobs Up".. 
"Hey I aint ready,, skip me..."

9 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Really ? is it that dang complicated  or are you that timid ? 
"Are you ready?"
""Nope need to adjust something "
Dang, guess I am just too old and grew up when we had a pair.
"Bobs Up".. 
"Hey I aint ready,, skip me..."

I have NEVER seen a shooter ask to get skipped at a match. New shooter, first match, first stage, first shooter? Sure we will move him down some. 

10 hours ago, Nic_USPSA_C said:

My friend and I get up at 5 am, leave home around 6, drive 2 hours to the match, check in, gear up, and he is first and I am second ever time we shoot a match and are in the same squad.  

Really need a warm up routine.

I get up at 5 am put another 45 minutes to the range and then two hours setting up so I can get registration going to see complaints like this before I even taken my gun out of the bag. 🙄

11 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I have NEVER seen a shooter ask to get skipped at a match. New shooter, first match, first stage, first shooter? Sure we will move him down some. 

Not often but on a rare occasion I have asked to get skipped.  Its usually a case where I've busted my butt taping and setting steel and my turn slipped up one me. I try to load magazines between shooters so I can help out every time work downrange is needed.   

I never thought it was a big deal and no one ever complained. 

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Really ? seen it quite often,,, guy puts his score sheet at back of pack for one reason or another. heck I have done it a time or two,, RO' ing, mags not ready,,, yadda yadda,, 

1 hour ago, Nathanb said:

I get up at 5 am put another 45 minutes to the range and then two hours setting up so I can get registration going to see complaints like this before I even taken my gun out of the bag. 🙄

yeh, I am with you,, oh boo hoo cry me a river,, Hey LET me shoot first every time,,, I can do pilaties at the starbucks on the way home

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Rare but not uncommon. This last weekend we had a guy who didn’t hear himself on the on deck list and needed to top off mags. We went to the next and got him up later. No one thought it was a big deal. I supposed if it was habitual some one would have objected, but only happened once.

Edited by Mcfoto

6 hours ago, Sarge said:

I have seen it (and done it), but not on the first stage. Usually it’s when someone has an equipment problem and needs a few extra minutes to head over to the safe area to get it fixed. 

can these tables shuffle shooters ? maybe thats the big difference. Seems like we used to just shuffle all the score sheets then have someone draw one to be first. Then rest of match they stayed in that order for the most part. First shooter shot last next stage...
Although as mentioned not a big deal if someone wanted to get skipped.

7 hours ago, DKorn said:

I have seen it (and done it), but not on the first stage. Usually it’s when someone has an equipment problem and needs a few extra minutes to head over to the safe area to get it fixed. 

Well that is obvious isn’t it? Shooter can’t shoot so he needs skipped. But I have NEVER had a shooter ask to be skipped just because he wanted to be. 

12 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Hey LET me shoot first every time,,,

At locals where there is minimal r.o. help on a squad or a minimal number of people who can run the kindle sometimes I will shoot first every stage and we will keep the same squad order so we can get the work done, I do not see that it effects my score - I still beat the same people and still get beat by the same people. If shooting first is a problem for somebody it is something that needs to be fixed because they are absolutely going to have to shoot first on a stage at upper level matches. I can see why it is a problem for new folks who don't know how to make their stage plan or how to sequence shooting movers and activators, but if you have shot 50 matches or so I do not know why it would make any difference.