Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Nathanb

AMG Labs timers

Great timers. I've owned several other brands. They all do what they are supposed to do. But the form factor, replaceable battery (downfall of the CED timers), and simple interface make this one my favorite.

I just received the shipping notice for mine. So pretty much in line with their 30-60 day delivery window.

Been using one since March and I'm very satisfied, the BT push capability is especially great when scoring drills with multiple strings.

23 hours ago, Kema said:

No belt clip?

They include a belt clip with the unit - though it's not a great design. I found this mentioned on another thread. Perfect design.

Shooterstoolbox.com

IMG_20190707_090758658_HDR-1.jpg

ty, didnt notice the belt clip.

My pact is acting on cold weather so I need new for a wintertime. Any European dealers?

Posted (edited)

Got my timer a couple of days ago.  I’m really impressed with the build quality and the intuitiveness of how to use the timer.  It connects to Practiscore effortlessly as well. The only thing it doesn’t have is a backlit display.

So far, everything indicates that it was worth the wait!

Edited by Hooked

I should amend what I said. Looks like they no longer include a belt clip with their timers. Just checked their site. Just comes with a silicon case and a lanyard. Back when I ordered in November, they were including the belt clip.

I received tracking info yesterday.  I should have it in time to demo it at a match this weekend.  I’ll post my findings and thoughts once complete

I got mine about a month ago.  Used it in one match. Pretty awesome so far 

I received mine two weeks ago.  It came with the case and lanyard I ordered, and also a carabiner to hang it on a belt loop.  I like it a lot.  I'll be ordering the belt clip mentioned above.  I don't think I'll use it when running shooters, but it will be great for practice, dry fire, etc.

12 minutes ago, zzt said:

I received mine two weeks ago.  It came with the case and lanyard I ordered, and also a carabiner to hang it on a belt loop.  I like it a lot.  I'll be ordering the belt clip mentioned above.  I don't think I'll use it when running shooters, but it will be great for practice, dry fire, etc.

When did you order? Did it take more then 60 days?

1 hour ago, CZ85Combat said:

When did you order? Did it take more then 60 days?

I received an email confirming the order on 6/24/19.  I received an email confirming shipping on 8/27/19.  I received it 3 or 4 days later.  So it was slightly more than 60 days.

2 hours ago, zzt said:

Since you already have an AMG timer, why not use it in a match?

If you sync your AMG timer to the PractiScore tablet your squad is using, you can capture all the shot times for each shooter...  Then, when shooters download their match into PractiScore Competitor they can see their split and transition times for each shot on each stage...  and they can graph their shots on a stage with any other shooter in the match (any other shooter timed with a synched AMG timer)...  and you can get the accurate time for each shooter by pressing a button...  🙂

44 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

I will, just not clipped to my belt.

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

If you sync your AMG timer to the PractiScore tablet your squad is using, you can capture all the shot times for each shooter...  Then, when shooters download their match into PractiScore Competitor they can see their split and transition times for each shot on each stage...  and they can graph their shots on a stage with any other shooter in the match (any other shooter timed with a synched AMG timer)...  and you can get the accurate time for each shooter by pressing a button...  🙂

I’ve got our tablets set up for this. My squad will have this feature.  I will be trying to justify the cost of six more for replacing our pocket pros 

Ordered the AMG timer on 7/14/19.  I received an email confirming shipping on  9/16/19. Should be here on Thursday 9/19/19

About a middle sensitivity works best for me.  It picks up mouse fart and uncompensated 22 rimfire pistols and rifles just fine, without requiring you to hold the timer close to or in front of the shooter.  When I RO I count shots.  So far I haven't gotten any false positives from echos.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:18 AM, Kema said:

Well any real world tests yet?

Many. Just the closest one I have handy from recent Steel Match

On 10/8/2019 at 4:30 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

What sensitivity setting are you guys using for PCC farts during a match environment? (Gunshots coming from the next bay, etc.)

On 10/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, zzt said:

About a middle sensitivity works best for me.  It picks up mouse fart and uncompensated 22 rimfire pistols and rifles just fine, without requiring you to hold the timer close to or in front of the shooter.  When I RO I count shots.  So far I haven't gotten any false positives from echos.

Also will depend on few other factors such as RO discipline in terms of how consistently he/she follows the shooter during the course of fire, indoor/outdoor location, etc. But in general for PCC the "silver bullet" sensitivity is #7 for outdoor. Indoor you may need to lower it down a notch, but it will depend on wall/ceiling lining and length of the range. Even at high sensitivity Commander exhibits really good adjacent bay noise rejection.

Edited by alexmg