Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AMG Labs timers

Nathanb

Great timers. I've owned several other brands. They all do what they are supposed to do. But the form factor, replaceable battery (downfall of the CED timers), and simple interface make this one my favorite.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my timer a couple of days ago.  I’m really impressed with the build quality and the intuitiveness of how to use the timer.  It connects to Practiscore effortlessly as well. The only thing it doesn’t have is a backlit display.

So far, everything indicates that it was worth the wait!

Edited by Hooked

I should amend what I said. Looks like they no longer include a belt clip with their timers. Just checked their site. Just comes with a silicon case and a lanyard. Back when I ordered in November, they were including the belt clip.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I received mine two weeks ago.  It came with the case and lanyard I ordered, and also a carabiner to hang it on a belt loop.  I like it a lot.  I'll be ordering the belt clip mentioned above.  I don't think I'll use it when running shooters, but it will be great for practice, dry fire, etc.

12 minutes ago, zzt said:

I received mine two weeks ago.  It came with the case and lanyard I ordered, and also a carabiner to hang it on a belt loop.  I like it a lot.  I'll be ordering the belt clip mentioned above.  I don't think I'll use it when running shooters, but it will be great for practice, dry fire, etc.

When did you order? Did it take more then 60 days?

1 hour ago, CZ85Combat said:

When did you order? Did it take more then 60 days?

I received an email confirming the order on 6/24/19.  I received an email confirming shipping on 8/27/19.  I received it 3 or 4 days later.  So it was slightly more than 60 days.

2 hours ago, zzt said:

Since you already have an AMG timer, why not use it in a match?

If you sync your AMG timer to the PractiScore tablet your squad is using, you can capture all the shot times for each shooter...  Then, when shooters download their match into PractiScore Competitor they can see their split and transition times for each shot on each stage...  and they can graph their shots on a stage with any other shooter in the match (any other shooter timed with a synched AMG timer)...  and you can get the accurate time for each shooter by pressing a button...  🙂

1 hour ago, RaylanGivens said:

Since you already have an AMG timer, why not use it in a match?

If you sync your AMG timer to the PractiScore tablet your squad is using, you can capture all the shot times for each shooter...  Then, when shooters download their match into PractiScore Competitor they can see their split and transition times for each shot on each stage...  and they can graph their shots on a stage with any other shooter in the match (any other shooter timed with a synched AMG timer)...  and you can get the accurate time for each shooter by pressing a button...  🙂

I’ve got our tablets set up for this. My squad will have this feature.  I will be trying to justify the cost of six more for replacing our pocket pros 

• 3 weeks later...

About a middle sensitivity works best for me.  It picks up mouse fart and uncompensated 22 rimfire pistols and rifles just fine, without requiring you to hold the timer close to or in front of the shooter.  When I RO I count shots.  So far I haven't gotten any false positives from echos.

On 10/8/2019 at 4:30 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

What sensitivity setting are you guys using for PCC farts during a match environment? (Gunshots coming from the next bay, etc.)

On 10/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, zzt said:

About a middle sensitivity works best for me.  It picks up mouse fart and uncompensated 22 rimfire pistols and rifles just fine, without requiring you to hold the timer close to or in front of the shooter.  When I RO I count shots.  So far I haven't gotten any false positives from echos.

Also will depend on few other factors such as RO discipline in terms of how consistently he/she follows the shooter during the course of fire, indoor/outdoor location, etc. But in general for PCC the "silver bullet" sensitivity is #7 for outdoor. Indoor you may need to lower it down a notch, but it will depend on wall/ceiling lining and length of the range. Even at high sensitivity Commander exhibits really good adjacent bay noise rejection.

Edited by alexmg

• 1 month later...

Just attended my first SCSA match with the AMG timers and bluetooth integration; worked great.   

@euxx  question, in practiscore competitor, I thought I might be able to graph the splits of shot in each string competitor vs competitor    ( iOS  phone ) 

I'm aware of stage  graphs of competitor vs competitor,  but I think there is string graphs somewhere including each split ?  

thx

On 10/8/2019 at 4:18 AM, Kema said:

Well any real world tests yet?

Yes, but not scientific.  A couple of weeks ago a GM PCC shooter ran the course and the timing RO swore he did not pick up the last shot.  He did, but could not believe a time of 10.0 seconds.  He required a reshoot.  We whipped out an AMG and found we could pick up all the shots from 20 yards away.  BTW, he reshot the course in 9.8 seconds.

At yesterday's match I was running a PCC shooter on a course where I could not be in the best position to pick up all the shots.  The CED7000 timer provided only caught 10 of 20 shots.  I got my AMG and ran him again.  It picked up every mouse fart shot.  Sensitivity was set on 5 out of 10.