Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I won some lbjeihead coated bullets 9mm 138 gr coated bullets. I have never loaded or shot these type of bullets and none of my loading Manuel’s have them. I want to just use these for  practice and would like to know if anyone has a load for these. I have cfe pistol powder or VV n320 powder I can use

Use lead data and make sure you flare the case mouth enough so it doesn't scrape the coating when seating.

9 hours ago, gunner40sw said:

I won some lbjeihead coated bullets 9mm 138 gr coated bullets. I have never loaded or shot these type of bullets and none of my loading Manuel’s have them. I want to just use these for  practice and would like to know if anyone has a load for these. I have cfe pistol powder or VV n320 powder I can use

I load 138gr Ibejiheads (0.356") with 3.5 gr Alliant Sport Pistol at 1.115" to 1.12" OAL.  That's not either of the powders you mentioned but it should be a very good starting point for your N320.  PF should be in the lower 130s depending of your pistol.

Not an exact match as I use blues vs Ibejihead but I use a good bit of n320. 

Both of these loads make around 133 pf in my Glock 34. You could split the difference in powder to get a basic idea. 

124gr  I use 3.8gr at 1.120 

147 gr I use 3.2gr  at 1.120

3.5 gr of n320 should put you in low 130s if using 135s. 

On 5/24/2019 at 11:02 PM, gunner40sw said:

4.5g CFE pistol would be a good steel load. I use the 135TC blue bullet with that load.